The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Workers Diary by Mark Elsdon & Full 52 Productions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Another diary effect.

Demo Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zREHZw5p-4I

Description:

Mark Elsdon, magic consultant on TV shows for the BBC, Channel 4, and Watch, presents the worlds cleanest, easiest, most direct and 100% self working diary effect -- 'The Workers Diary'!

A spectator is handed a diary. All the dates have playing cards written next to them. The spectator verifies that there is no pattern and the cards do not repeat on the same day each month -- it's genuinely random. You display a blue backed deck which, you tell them, contains one 'stranger card' from a red backed deck. The spectator looks up their birthday and notes the card for that date. The day before and the day after -- in fact the whole week -- all have different cards written next to them. The same day in the previous month, and the month after, also have different cards. You remove the card that appears at their birthday and place it into their hand. There's only one thing left to say: "Happy Birthday!" They card is turned over. It has a RED back with the words 'Happy Birthday' written in large, bold, black letters!

Works with any date -- you DO NOT need prior knowledge of the spectator's birthday!

Revealing personal information to a stranger is one of the strongest effects you can perform. The special deck included within does ALL the work, allowing you to concentrate on the presentation. With 'The Workers Diary', it appears that you personalised the entire effect, just for them.

'The Worker's Diary' really says it all! A super clean genuine miracle involving a spectator's own birthday that plays just as well for a room full of people as it does one on one.

NO MATHS
NO COUNTING
NO SPELLING
NO DEALING
NO SLEIGHT OF HAND
INSTANT RESET
NO TABLE REQUIRED

INCLUDES:
DIARY
SPECIAL DECK
DVD INSTRUCTION
+ ADDITIONAL CONTENT
+ ALTRENATE PRESENTATION
+ PRINTABLE PROP
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Not a magician fooler by any means but I suppose it plays well with laymen, as long as you don't hand the deck out.
brehan
View Profile
Special user
holland
668 Posts

Profile of brehan
Dos the diary come preprinted or do you need to write it yourself?
Can the card be given away for them to keep?
Thanks guys
magik1
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of magik1
This has just come in stock at http://www.warpedmagic.co.uk/products/th......on-trick

When I get chance to watch the DVD I will be able to answer your questions.

Magik1
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On 2013-08-25 06:00, brehan wrote:
Thanks guys

Good Question

Exactly what I was thinking

Anyone ?
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Quote:
On 2013-08-25 06:00, brehan wrote:
Thanks guys

you need to write it yourself (instructions given, different to my other prepared diaries) they say that it's so it is in your handwriting and I think that's fair really
you can give away the card, though you would need to replace it in the deck as it does obviously appear at certain dates in the diary (not a problem for me to replace them but some beginners might not be able to so easily) also, I'm not going to give it away, they can take my business card if I get this out and perform it

it's pretty straight forward, it's exactly what it says, I knew exactly what was going on so it comes down to the good old question of, Did I learn anything from the DVD? Yes, I got a few pointers and tips so it's been worthwhile me getting it

oh and also, you can use whatever diary you want, I don't even think there would be a problem using something other than a week to view (though it seems to be the best option)
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
illusion123
View Profile
Regular user
Wolverhampton, England
121 Posts

Profile of illusion123
Is there a name for the deck used with the workers diary and where can get spare ones from.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I think its best that you buy it, learn its secrets and then go from there...all will become apparent after that...
I've asked to be banned
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
It looks really good. One deck,one diary. Easy to follow. Really love the diary premise and love reading what people come up with as a solution. Some very creative people out there and Mr Eldson is certainly one.G
illusion123
View Profile
Regular user
Wolverhampton, England
121 Posts

Profile of illusion123
Will spare decks be available.

Chris Wild
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Mines for sale
illusion123
View Profile
Regular user
Wolverhampton, England
121 Posts

Profile of illusion123
This is a good effect. Only problem is no one seems to know if any spare decks will ever be available. The other thing is this trick takes a lot of preparation before it can be used. Once it's set up you have a really good trick. I do like Mark Elsdon effects just a pity this takes so long to prepare and don't know if there will ever be any spare decks.

Chris Wild
illusion123
View Profile
Regular user
Wolverhampton, England
121 Posts

Profile of illusion123
This is a good effect. Only problem is no one seems to know if any spare decks will ever be available. The other thing is this trick takes a lot of preparation before it can be used. Once it's set up you have a really good trick. I do like Mark Elsdon effects just a pity this takes so long to prepare and don't know if there will ever be any spare decks.

Chris Wild
gimmickless
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of gimmickless
I have this, nice trick. recommanded
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I like this, but I would like to know how difficult it is to replace a card if given away. I'm guessing cards are r*****d. Is the give-away card a regular card?
KJ
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Got this a few weeks ago.
This one is a real worker for any kind of performances. Best for strooling or table hopping.
I've bought quite a few kind of effects, but this one is the easiest to work with.
Tricky Ricky
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
If you're table-hopping though, won't it seem strange to be doing this effect over and over - as the premise its one deck with one card that is different from the rest?
I've asked to be banned
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
747 Posts

Profile of carlwag
You could say that for a lot of tricks that get done table hopping
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
747 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Might not be good doing it for the same table ha ha
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Mines for sale
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Workers Diary by Mark Elsdon & Full 52 Productions (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL