The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Workers Diary by Mark Elsdon & Full 52 Productions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magik1
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of magik1
Cassidy001
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Cassidy001
I really like the Workers Diary. I will be purchasing a smaller pocket sized diary though.
"You want to know the secret of the world. It's this: save it, and it'll repay you, every second of every day."
--Axel Brass
setsuna83
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of setsuna83
Hi! does anyone present this differently other than the original birthdate presentation? didn't really like the bonus presentation as well as it dosen't suit my style. just wondering will it be less effective if I present it without the writing on the back as this gives me more flexibility over my presentation.
Cassidy001
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Cassidy001
I did not write anything on the backs. I think that it is strong enough that they chose the date with a card having a different back.
"You want to know the secret of the world. It's this: save it, and it'll repay you, every second of every day."
--Axel Brass
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
I am also interested in learning about whether or not a refill deck goes by any other name. I have a few ideas for variations of things I'd like written on the prediction card and would like to start creating, but not if I have to hand-make these decks.
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
I've been thinking long and hard about this effect, and have really told myself that when I need a refill, or if I plan on changing it at all- you could just use an ID.

Seriously, the benefits are that you'd then be able to use any of the 52 cards.
The disadvantages are that you can't show the backs of the cards all being different.
But really, you're dirty anyway, why not use the old standby and keep your extra deck at home?
Combine it with a peek system if you want. What do you think?
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
449 Posts

Profile of Hushai
This sounds very much like an old trick called "Easygoing Diary" that appears in a book by Peter Duffie entitled "New Inspirations." Does anyone know if they are similar in method? That is my favorite diary trick by Duffie.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Workers Diary by Mark Elsdon & Full 52 Productions (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL