The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Any interest in the Portable Pro Busker's Table by the Happie Amp maker? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1294 Posts

Profile of barts185
A search on table didn't seem to turn up anything. I would have guessed this would have made it's way here.

Brian Foshee is trying to crowdfund a Pro Busker's Table. Only 2-3 days left. If it doesn't get funded, he won't do it.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/portab......raveling
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1294 Posts

Profile of barts185
Three hours to go, only need 37 more people to get a table Smile
Chris.Z
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of Chris.Z
I discovered the table too late to participate this round. I contacted the maker and he is apparently planning to do another crowdfunding thing this summer. I'm in big time, I love the look and pricepoint of this table. I want to start stirring the pot early to make this happen.
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
I don't understand why this is crowdfunding. It seems like pre-order to me. Is there something that makes it different than just selling tables to people who want them? Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I'd prefer the opportunity to see the product and decide to buy it or not based on reviews.

Color me confused - this just seems like a different way to market a project.
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
refuses to read more than
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
How is this different from a standard camera tripod with the camera mount attached to the case?

I like the idea , I even like it a lot if the table is as steady as the ad says it is - but I would rather build it myself for $70 than buy it for $249.
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity - and i'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein
www.jensmagi.se
Chris.Z
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of Chris.Z
Quote:
On 2014-01-27 13:34, writeall wrote:
I don't understand why this is crowdfunding. It seems like pre-order to me. Is there something that makes it different than just selling tables to people who want them? Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I'd prefer the opportunity to see the product and decide to buy it or not based on reviews.

Color me confused - this just seems like a different way to market a project.

From the very brief interaction I had with the fellow who was putting it out, he advises that the tables cannot be made on an individual basis at the price point he was shooting for, instead he needs a commitment for 300 units through a manufacturer to put them out at the price point.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Any interest in the Portable Pro Busker's Table by the Happie Amp maker? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL