The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Things that go bump in the night. Copyright? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cubby199
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Cubby199
I love that illusion it is SOOO funny and everyone's adaptions are soo clever. If I make my own version with its own props can I preform it?
And is their a book or video on doing this trick?
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.
-The Prestige (my favorite movie)
DavidThomas
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of DavidThomas
Yes, this is in the public domain..
David Thomas
TheWorldofMagic.com
chrisontour
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of chrisontour
Research: Million Dollar Mystery
Frank Simpson
View Profile
Special user
SW Montana
881 Posts

Profile of Frank Simpson
Million Dollar Mystery is far beyond the scope of most magicians, as far as practicality, and there are actually many, many methods for producing the effect. Things that Go Bump is a routine, not a prop or method. MDM is certainly one way of doing it, and was used by Henning and Copperfield (among others) but there are far more practical methods (ie. Modern Cabinet) for producing the effect.

Look up "Mystery of the Three Ghosts" in the Tarbell course. (I believe vol. 8).
chrisontour
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of chrisontour
Agreed!
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
It depends on what version of this illusion you want to build..., some are not in public domain like Steinmeyers version of the million dollar mystery which he calls 'time & space'
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Things that go bump in the night. Copyright? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL