The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » What do you do with the ruined cards?a (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
TerrorInt
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of TerrorInt
Get a shoe box. Throw incomplete decks in there. Now you have a whole lot of spares for replacing the ruined cards.
ummer21
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of ummer21
I use them for gaff cards. Cutting them up and using them for specialty tricks. Don't toss them ever!
jefferson8888
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of jefferson8888
Keep them, you will need them one day.
MadLad Designs
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of MadLad Designs
If you ruin the face then you can glue two face-to-face and have a double backer.
ummer21
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of ummer21
Ever since I have been reading this post I have coke up with an idea. Save them for the spectator to sign and give them away. Don't discard them.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1576 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I have plenty of uses. I don't discard them.
For one, I use them to store my stripped IT.
Ihor
drmagico
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of drmagico
I separate them into aces, twos, threes etc and then again into separate suits...whenever I need them for a trick using duplicates like Wild Card I have plenty of them..I may need 26 of one card for another routine and I will use them for that type of effect. I am sure you will find a multitude of uses. I also keep the boxes so I can use them to gaff or alter in some way for other tricks.
Newsround
View Profile
New user
UK
82 Posts

Profile of Newsround
Use them for practising things that are going to ruin more. Also, you could still use a deck missing 1 or 2 cards, nobody is likely to notice that are they?
Shadowstalker
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of Shadowstalker
I don't have cards signed, but I occasionally do lose them, but an incomplete deck is usually good for most tricks, and perfect for practicing.
Smile

When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable.
Teller
msukairi
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of msukairi
I use them to practice TnR
ianchandler
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of ianchandler
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2013, mlippo wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-18 10:51, Harry Lorayne wrote:
Just don't have cards signed!!! What a simple solution.

Harry,

there are certain effects that NEED for the chosen card to be signed (ACR, Card to wallet). And I'm sure you''ll agree with this.
I know you claim performing with borrowed packs, which should avoid people thinking of duplicates as a solution. But then, let me remind you that Dai Vernon used to go around with various DB's, in different worn conditions in order to be able to add them to the pack that was given to him!

mlippo

Clever of Vernon. However, I disagree with you in that tricks absolutely necessitate the signing of a card. Perhaps it strengthens the effect, and it's certainly advisable in cases like Anniversary Waltz. But signing does not add so much that some tricks require it.
ymumagic
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of ymumagic
I use them for replacing signed cards as was mentioned.
But I also use them for practicing tricks and sleights with. I currently walk around with a three your old deck!!!! and perform with it. I find that if I can pull off a trick with that I can pull it off with anything Smile
MScapes
View Profile
New user
New Brunswick, Canada
56 Posts

Profile of MScapes
I practice MCF with old packs or keep for replacements or dups for other decks
SleightlyChris
View Profile
Veteran user
Lancashire, England
368 Posts

Profile of SleightlyChris
Buy an old table and Decoupage it. Upcycling for the win.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I have made a small coffee table using all the different jokers out there, one face up and one face down. It looks quite good I'll have to take a photo and post it.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
mbwambwa
View Profile
New user
I've never posted anything, so how come I have
61 Posts

Profile of mbwambwa
I've used quite a few of the extra cards from my incomplete decks to send to magicians with an autograph request.
galerius
View Profile
Loyal user
Piemontese Alps ( Northwestern Italy )
240 Posts

Profile of galerius
I don't throw them away - they're not that large amount, besides - but keep them for practicing, essentially. And you never know, also if you don't particularly like routines involving gaffed cards you could wanting to perform something needing cards destined to be "mistreated" in many ways - like in Card Warp, eg. - or that won't be never used as cards again - like the frog origami in Close's routine - etc., so better to have a little stockpile at your disposal Smile
SugarRayRick
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of SugarRayRick
I'm going to start performing/practicing card warp with these cards.
Tukaram
View Profile
Regular user
Iloilo, Philippines
198 Posts

Profile of Tukaram
If doing tricks that need a signed card - use an incomplete deck. If it already is missing a couple cards (from being signed already) who cares? As long as it looks like a full deck who will notice? If your next rick needs a full deck, just switch decks. Not a problem.

Also they are great for putting together your own packet tricks, or as others have said practice card manipulation with them.
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
Not really ruined cards, but nice to look at:

https://plus.google.com/1099615722691434......jXxsKaYM
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » What do you do with the ruined cards?a (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL