The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » What do you do with the ruined cards?a (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Cubby199
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Cubby199
So I was wondering what happens to a deck after someone has signed a card and thus the deck is not complete?
How about when you force a card and then it ends up somewhere nasty like a walnut or bread and its all folded?

What do you do when a deck is forever ruined with tricks like this?
Can you like buy abunch of ace of hearts cards?
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.
-The Prestige (my favorite movie)
alicauchy
View Profile
Veteran user
Málaga, Spain
310 Posts

Profile of alicauchy
You can either keep them as duplicate, just in case you need them, or practice some folding moves, or try some artistic constructions, like that in

http://zacharyabel.com/sculpture/pokerfaces.html
So much to do, so little time . . .
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
I do this:

the incomplete pack is labelled as such and put in my drawer.
Next time I need to have a card signed, I choose which one, take it from the incomplete pack and put it in the pack I'm performing with (removing the original card from it).

I force the card and have it signed, so then I can replace it with the original.
Obviously you need to have both packs in the same condition, but I always use cards in almost mint condition when performing..

mlippo
Cubby199
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Cubby199
Quote:
On 2013-08-18 04:41, mlippo wrote:
I do this:

the incomplete pack is labelled as such and put in my drawer.
Next time I need to have a card signed, I choose which one, take it from the incomplete pack and put it in the pack I'm performing with (removing the original card from it).

I force the card and have it signed, so then I can replace it with the original.
Obviously you need to have both packs in the same condition, but I always use cards in almost mint condition when performing..

mlippo

Clever idea
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.
-The Prestige (my favorite movie)
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
I do the same as mlippo.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Just don't have cards signed!!! What a simple solution.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Quote:
On 2013-08-18 10:51, Harry Lorayne wrote:
Just don't have cards signed!!! What a simple solution.

Harry,

there are certain effects that NEED for the chosen card to be signed (ACR, Card to wallet). And I'm sure you''ll agree with this.
I know you claim performing with borrowed packs, which should avoid people thinking of duplicates as a solution. But then, let me remind you that Dai Vernon used to go around with various DB's, in different worn conditions in order to be able to add them to the pack that was given to him!

mlippo
Wilber
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Wilber
Pick my teeth, table levelers, coasters, bookmarks. I seriously could write thousand more things.
aktino
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of aktino
I use virtually all my old, worn and/or soiled cards to perform Woody Aragon's "How to find your other half" from A Book in English..

I keep the cards in old tuck cases, ready to hand out to the spectators. (I normally pre-fold the cards, so they already have a well defined crease across the midldle when the spectators get them. This speeds up the initial folding and tearing.)
ssibal
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of ssibal
I usually borrow a deck so the cards are either already ruined or if they are not, out of courtesy, I am not going to ruin them. But for practice, I keep all my ruined decks and practice with decks in varying states of condition. It makes you more versatile if you can perform sleights nomatter what the condition of the deck is.
Aimilios02
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Aimilios02
I do the same as mlippo and I also use this deck for tnr tricks that need more than one card .
MAGIC325
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of MAGIC325
Use them to practice MFs
liormk
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of liormk
I Use them as test decks for gaffs.
Mr. Danny
View Profile
Loyal user
North Central Louisiana
249 Posts

Profile of Mr. Danny
I use a paper punch in the shape of a rabbit that I found at Hobby Lobby. Can get @ 4 from a very used card. Almost drove a waitress crazy with them, but, that's another story!
YLyoo
View Profile
Regular user
South Korea
108 Posts

Profile of YLyoo
Practicing Card Manipulation is also nice!
C_Biskit
View Profile
New user
United States
82 Posts

Profile of C_Biskit
I use them for gaffs, if you need an extra card for a trick, tnr, folding practice, pretty much a lot of what has already been said, splitting practice etc.

Andy
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Use the cards in the incomplete deck for Card Warp.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
sjrw
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of sjrw
You could create a deck of 762 playing cards and play 762 card pick up.
Rogerbest
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Rogerbest
I place all the ruined cards in a ruined card case, and I place the whole thing in the garbage.
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Give them to Jay Sankey.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » What do you do with the ruined cards?a (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL