The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looking for a source for the Informatico Principle (right forum?) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

deiricm
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of deiricm
Folks

Brand new to the forum and looking for a source for the Informatico Principle - the trail looks to dry up with posts several years old. Is it out of use or favour?
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
It's not that it's out of use or favor- I imagine you don't hear much about it anymore primarily because Ted Lesley passed away. If you can find an IP set, it is just as useful as it ever was and still very much favored by many professionals.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=30
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3047 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
The selfish part of me would be very happy for The Informatico Principle to join the ranks of the "out of use" or "out of favour". The core concept was always one of my favourite information gathering techniques.

If it is no longer used, it cannot be abused.

As time goes by, my respect for the creations of Mr Lesley grows exponentially.
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1569 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
How can the OP have 0 posts? Spooky! Smile
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

That's because this was originally posted in the "I Want to See the Manager" forum, where posts don't count. The moderators moved it here.
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1569 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Quote:
On 2013-08-18 17:11, mastermindreader wrote:
That's because this was originally posted in the "I Want to See the Manager" forum, where posts don't count. The moderators moved it here.

Got it. Thanks, Bob.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

And the only reason I know that is because I responded to the original post in that forum saying that it needs to be moved here.

That said, I think this is the ONLY post this user has made, so I've no idea if he's a mentalist or not.
AllanK
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
180 Posts

Profile of AllanK
It's not out of favour, it's out of print! The IP was originally released as a limited edition of 50 copies in 1992. I was lucky enough to obtain set #38. It really is a brilliant concept that eliminates the need for pre-show work. Ted details an entire act using this one principle. The original set came with absolutely everything you needed, including cards, pens, clipboard, and 100 teleport envelopes. Ted also arranged for Harry Devano to make a set of rising cards from a Zodiac Deck to be used with one of the routines included with the IP. I think Ted may have rereleased the IP in some form many years later. I can't imagine anyone wanting to part with this - I certainly won't! Ted's creations were all gold.

Allan
deiricm
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of deiricm
Quote:
On 2013-08-18 17:26, mastermindreader wrote:
And the only reason I know that is because I responded to the original post in that forum saying that it needs to be moved here.

That said, I think this is the ONLY post this user has made, so I've no idea if he's a mentalist or not.

mastermindreader, I lost track of my question after originally posted. I understand the concern about he lack of posting - I've been lurking for years as I use my mentalism mostly as a support in my corporate training and development work and didn't feel I had a lot to contribute (although I'm currently working to change that).(I've since changed that opinion and started contributing)(

Thanks to all for the contributions (btw, I still didn't find a copy of IP)
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2115 Posts

Profile of RCP
Correct me if I am wrong I believe this is in print under a different name. I could be wrong and am hesitant to put my thoughts in an open forum.
deiricm
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of deiricm
Quote:
On 2013-11-17 14:30, RCP wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong I believe this is in print under a different name. I could be wrong and am hesitant to put my thoughts in an open forum.

RCP, PM?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looking for a source for the Informatico Principle (right forum?) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL