The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Manipulation bills ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
I'm know that john blake passed away .. and that he produced the best manipulation bills out there
were can I find them , does anybody else have them manufactured ??
thanx
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
459 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Arsene Lupin from Poland used to make them. Try to google Zauberartikel Sinaro in Vienna or Boretti magic shop in Germani. Both of them would buy anything Arsene produced back in 90ies. If they don`t have it contact Arsene directly http://www.arsenelupin.pl/

Best,
Bojan
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
It looks as if Maxello Magic still has them; http://www.maxello.com/index.php?s=428d4......=21&c=33

Maxello is going out of business and everything is 40% off.
MikeTheKid
View Profile
Veteran user
vancouver
329 Posts

Profile of MikeTheKid
Any other place I can find them ? all sold out everywhere Smile
---------------------------------------------

Magic is a performing art that entertains an audience by creating illusions of seemingly impossible....

www.mikeliumagic.com
Brad Lancaster
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of Brad Lancaster
SEO Magic sells manipulation bills.

Brad
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1462 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Excuse my ignorance, but what makes manipulation bills better than genuine currency?
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22389 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
JNeal, depending on how one want to hand them, a smoother thicker paper will help with fanning and performing split fans with them. Fred Kaps produced 2 hands of fans for his finale to his act, when he toured the U.S. back in the mid 80's.

The manipulation bills I liked was the ones made by Supreme Magic, it was possible to do the bill production act in an old magic book.

David Ginn used real bills, but I did not like the poor way he had to fan the bills. I still believe whenever possible, make things easier on yourself and use a gimmick or special materials whenever possible. Leaves more for the performer to concentrate on the act and presentation then the handling/working of the props.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1462 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Thanks, I got it!

Are you referencing the bill production act from Magic as a Hobby by Bruce Elliott?

this always read as a clever act....performed by KOLMA ...aka Mike Bornstein
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22389 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
JNeal, that is correct, I have the book put away and could not remember the name, and forgot that I scanned it into my computer for reference. A lot of good that did, dang.

I always wondered if that KOLMA was the same Mike Bornstein that made or makes all that money tricks that advertised in Linking Ring. If so I wonder why he never published or sold a bill production act or instructions.

I guess he was, I found Genii mentioning he died January 20, 2005, was hit by a truck while crossing the street. It said he did his Bill act in the 1940's.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1462 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Yes, I too was kind of surprised when I learned it was the same fellow. Although, I don't know why...
I think when I was very young and I read the act description, I couldn't imagine that anyone who was alive in the 1940's ...would still be doing an act!

Oh the naivete' of youth!

J
visit me @ JNealShow.com
MikeTheKid
View Profile
Veteran user
vancouver
329 Posts

Profile of MikeTheKid
Thx Brad for the heads up !
---------------------------------------------

Magic is a performing art that entertains an audience by creating illusions of seemingly impossible....

www.mikeliumagic.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22389 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Well, I took the leap and bought all the "Fanning Bills" they had at Seo, no not really, only half their stock. Smile I got them because it seems Seo Magic never replenishes their stock after selling out of many of their items.

I will report if they are any good for more then just fanning. They really have to be flexable enough to fold so they can be palmed. So we will see.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Manipulation bills ... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL