The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Desperate Search For This Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheMagicalMan
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of TheMagicalMan
I have been desperatley looking for this illusion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzQ14sbrAwo

Best one man illusion in my opinion. Im looking for a version which you can do surrounded like anywhere like in a mall or something.
Anybody knows where I can buy it from ? I have been storing some money to buy it.
TheMagicalMan
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of TheMagicalMan
I know it may not be practical due to the method and how it works but I accept this and I want to perform it in a public place like a mall.
chrisontour
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of chrisontour
I believe that's called the Matrix
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
These are custom made
TheMagicalMan
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of TheMagicalMan
After some search, I found out that its called the lean 2 or matrix levitation. May I please know who makes these illusions or where to get them from ? Im REALLY desperate to own one of these.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22648 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
That is not the Matrix Illusion, the Matrix Illusion is the leaning backwards.

This illusion has been discussed many time in this topic section, just search for it in the Illusion section. The only place you can get it is from China.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3622 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Magic Man, I know you want to blow people away with this illusion. However, watch the video several times. It is not a practical illusion. You can't function as a normal human being. You can do this and that's about all you can do. Learn some practical magic, and then take another look at this a year from now.

Jim
TheMagicalMan
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of TheMagicalMan
@ Bill Hegbil Actually he did lean backwards in the end but he chose to be in the seated in air position. May you please guide me to the website where I can buy it from if you know or one of the forums ? Appreciate it.Thanks.

@jimhlou I think I understand how it works as I've seen the props, and the gimmicks, as well 'you' maybe gimmicked as well while performing it. But I have performed numerous evening shows with different illusions and different shows and I really am wishing to get this illusion. Thank you for the kind advice sir, have a nice evening !
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
It's really not a doable magic trick.
There are a lot of buskers doing this all over Europe and England. The problem, which they did not show in this video is "getting in and getting out" of it without exposing. They probably put up a screen around him to avoid exposure. Google "special head" and see a magical version. And, it is not MATRIX, which is Danny Cole's and there are some rats ripping him off.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
john wills
View Profile
Special user
940 Posts

Profile of john wills
You can go to any public library and find an old book on magic. Here you will find the answer on your question, because it's an ancient trick.
Perhaps you can find a copy of The great book of magic (Rydell/Gilbert) it has a diagram on page 49. That's all you have to know.
You can contact any illusion builder, so they can build one for you.
I'm flabbergasted about you reaction on the message of jimhlou and bill hegbli, because if you understand the works and if you've seen the props
you could go to every blacksmith in the world to build one for you.
TheMagicalMan
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of TheMagicalMan
@ john wills I don't want to know how is it done, I already know, I want to have the props for the illusion. There was a video on youtube of a European magician doing it and showing how it is done. I already contacted some illusion builders and they suggested that it wouod be much better to buy the illusion as the props would be built better and more accuratley allowing furthur leaning. Also I've seen the props but I'm not sure how it works or the type of material and how is the material 'loaded' and kept in place for the illusion. So that's why. Thank you for tyour suggestions.

@ pete biro honestly, I haven't seen much magicians perform this illusion. As for Danny Cole's version, my fellow magician friend told me that now a musician bought the copyrights from cole, so it now belongs to that musician. I watched special head's AGT performance from before and I gotta say I didn't like it, that form of the hindu levitation is seen in many public parks all over the US and Europe. Now getting in and out...I don't think it is a problem...lall you do is stand ona particular spot which can be covered. Also there are instructions sold by a magician, forgot his name on how to cover it before and after the performance.
john wills
View Profile
Special user
940 Posts

Profile of john wills
Sorry, but the guy "sitting" in your link IS performing the old Hindu Suspension, nothing more or less.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22648 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I forgot what it was called, otherwise I would reference it. It was in a forum with an orchestra of women playing violins sitting on air with one leg crossed. I will leave it to you search this forum, if you are really interested in finding it you will do the work to locate it. The one sold in China does not do the lean backwards, only the sitting in air illusion.
TheMagicalMan
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of TheMagicalMan
@ john wills actually he leans backwards later and in reality he stays leaning and suspended on one leg for a while. You can see he leans back at one point. I thought the Hindu levitation needed a stick to hold on to and the mechanism that I have read about might have been a different illusion.

@ Bill Hegbli thank you, I appreciate your gudiance, so far I found one forum and it had this link:
http://www.52magic.net/765_The-Lean---Ma......gic.html
Here is the demo of the illusion http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opg35ngs3Dg
It looks superb. Best version I've seen. MJ's lean + the matrix lean and the way he got into position wasn't suspicious at all. Additionaly, is it me or did he do it WITHOUT the platform ? Also he did lean back not just sit. After contacting the website, the builder said it cannot be performed surrounded but I don't know why ?.
john wills
View Profile
Special user
940 Posts

Profile of john wills
Please do as I told you: search for the book, or buy it for a few bucks.
TheMagicalMan
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of TheMagicalMan
I will search for the nook, ut I have to ask one last thing just to reassure it's the same illusion. The hi du levitation requires the magician to be folding his legs in mid-air and soemtimes grabbing a stick. This is not the lean/matrix illusion, so can you clarify please ?
TheMagicalMan
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of TheMagicalMan
Book* but* hindu* sometimes* sorry for the spelling mistakes, stupid tablet keyboard haha
john wills
View Profile
Special user
940 Posts

Profile of john wills
Folding the legs is not necessary; stretching one leg is an easy option. The stick is also optional.
I have to warn you: the picture in the book is not a "plan" for building the illusion; it indicates in rough lines how it works.
TheMagicalMan
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of TheMagicalMan
Well thank you John, I guess it will be no use to me since as I stated earlier, I don't know the exact modifications such as materials, the details of the gimmick and neither do I have any experience with building an illusion like that before. I have built illusions but mostly with step by step guidlines.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22648 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
TheMagicalMan, one last comment, in order to do effects of this type like the lean and Matrix illusions, you must be in top physical condition with strength in the legs, back, and stomach. If you do not work out, then you should pass on this illusion as you can injure yourself seriously.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Desperate Search For This Illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL