The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ben Affleck is the new Batman. Really. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2013-08-23 18:17, gdw wrote:
I would have loved to have seen Karl Urban in the role.

Me too. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-08-23 10:20, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-23 10:00, MagicBus wrote:
Shoulda been Thomas Jane. Age 44, huge comic book fan, in shape, and absolutely great in The Punisher as a mysterious crime fighter type.

Thomas Jane was so so as Punisher imo...

Have you seen the short film with him?
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Nope, why?
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2877 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Thomas Jane made for 2012 Comic-Con in San Diego his own short film at his own expense called "Dirty Laundry"- it features his "The Punisher" role again- and it can be found on youtube in full- just put in "Thomas Jane The Punisher" in the search box. He released this in conjunction with his own graphic novels from his company RAW (including Dark Country comic), video game, and The Punisher tshirt. Also on youtube is Stan Lee's interview with Thomas Jane. "Dirty Laundry" with Ron Perlman is an intense 10 minutes.

The new Batman/Superman movie "Man of Steel" is supposed to be filmed in Detroit in 2014 and released in 2015. Pure Michigan. I believe it was Batman who told The Punisher once in a comic to calm down- The Punisher was being too violent.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2746 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I don't think Affleck was the worst thing about "Daredevil." I think he might be able to pull it off and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20487 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is hard to imagine a DC character saying much of anything to a Marvel character outside of those of those crossovers.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2013-08-24 10:52, MagicBus wrote:
Thomas Jane made for 2012 Comic-Con in San Diego his own short film at his own expense called "Dirty Laundry"- it features his "The Punisher" role again- and it can be found on youtube in full- just put in "Thomas Jane The Punisher" in the search box. He released this in conjunction with his own graphic novels from his company RAW (including Dark Country comic), video game, and The Punisher tshirt. Also on youtube is Stan Lee's interview with Thomas Jane. "Dirty Laundry" with Ron Perlman is an intense 10 minutes.

The new Batman/Superman movie "Man of Steel" is supposed to be filmed in Detroit in 2014 and released in 2015. Pure Michigan. I believe it was Batman who told The Punisher once in a comic to calm down- The Punisher was being too violent.

Thanks, I'll look it up when time permits. Smile
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4310 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
People thought Heath Ledger would be a disgrace to the joker, it was in the news. How did that turn out?
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2013-08-24 15:33, Blindside785 wrote:
People thought Heath Ledger would be a disgrace to the joker, it was in the news. How did that turn out?

But Heath, God rest his soul, didn't play another superhero franchise before that that did badly by most accounts.

Anywho... Smile

I am hoping Batfleck will surprise us like Heath did.

RIP Heath...
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Yeah, also, for all his pretty boy appeal, Heath was already holding his own as an actor.
Affleck is a great director, and not a terrible actor, but, even in his best roles, he still comes across as Ben Affleck.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1187 Posts

Profile of danfreed
Affleck can't act in my opinion. He's a really boring actor without charisma, and I never figured out why he keeps getting gigs. Seems like a nice guy, but....wow, I can't believe they hired him for Batman. Maybe he'll have a quality acting gadget in his batbelt he can use.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
With Nolan, Snyder and Goyer...

I'll give this the benefit of the doubt.

Let's wait and see...

I'm sure he'll be better than his pal Clooney and of course, Adam West. Smile
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Good to see a lot of respect for Karl Urban. As I stated before, an actor than can adapt and make a role his own. There was a rumor floating around a few months ago that he may be Craig's successor in the Bond movies. Some people have stated however that Urban might be too edgy for the role of Bond.

I wish Hollywood would listen to us here on The Café! Two great choices have been mentioned.

Pakar, don't you have some connections there? For the love of the DC Universe, if you do, please dissuade them from Affleck!
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
The problem is I'm starting to warm up to the idea... Smile

I really am. Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20487 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have no idea who Karl Urban is.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content......sinestro

As Cosmic Book News previously was informed, Lex Luthor has been cast in the Man of Steel sequel that will feature Ben Affleck as Batman and Henry Cavill as Superman.

Now we have been told a batch of new details, on top of why Affleck was chosen as Batman. Bryan Cranston has been cast as Lex Luthor in what is said to be at least a six "appearance" deal (think of Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury popping up in every Marvel movie in the run-up to Avengers) and may be as high as ten. Look for the official announcement to follow the conclusion to the final season of Breaking Bad as WB wants to dovetail off the end of that.

Regarding Ben Affleck, we are told he has allegedly a 13-appearance deal for Batman. DC is going to have all of their main characters liberally appearing or at least mentioned in all of their movies to portray a more connected world than what Marvel Studios has done so far.

DC also does have major interest in bringing Matt Damon into the Justice League now that Affleck is on board, and it is rumored that he is being considered for Aquaman or Martian Manhunter.

Regarding Mark Strong playing Lex Luthor, the one thing that worked a bit against him was that he was already Sinestro -- and still could be again. "Cranston truly is a dream casting for Luthor," we're told.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2013-08-23 08:14, Vlad_77 wrote:

Hmmm, Affleck as Batman? Maybe it WILL be the Keaton effect. Too bad Karl Urban wasn't considered for the part.

He was.

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content......e-league

Cosmic Book News has learned a few details about the casting process and decision that went into the new Batman from a source close to Warner Bros. As we previously told you, Tyler Hoechlin was up for the role and was given heavy consideration. We are also told that Karl Urban was up to be the new Batman, but his schedule prevented it. Regarding Ben Affleck, he was #3 on the list, behind the two aforementioned names. We've been told WB went with Affleck because they love his dedication as an actor and director. It's said Ben Affleck made a "HUGE" positive impression on Warner Bros. during the Justice League talks, "they feel he truly gets it."
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2013-08-25 10:51, Dannydoyle wrote:
I have no idea who Karl Urban is.

Hi Danny,

Karl Urban is from New Zealand and really broke through in his role as Eomer in The Two Towers and Return of the King. He plays Dr. McCoy in the new Star Trek movies, and is gaining quite a following.

Here is more info: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0881631/bio
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Thanks for the info... Smile
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Urban also gained some notice, among comic fans, in particular, Batman, with his portrayal of Dredd in Dredd 3D.

Back to Affleck, one potential big upside would be him possibly directing any future stand alone Bat-films, or maybe even JLA. Acting aside, he's one dang good director.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ben Affleck is the new Batman. Really. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL