The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Dings in metal props (Botania, Dove Pan etc...) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WolfgangWollet
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of WolfgangWollet
I recently bought a used Abbotts Super Botania (they really know how to make a nice Botania) at a flea market. The only blemish it really had was a ding in the chromed metal tube. It bothered me for a while so one day I took the tube down to a body shop… $200 bucks to get the ding out and then no guarantee if the chrome would stay intact or if the tube would need to be re-chromed.
A couple days later I saw an infomercial on TV for the "DING KING" It was $19.95 and promised to get dings out of cars without breaking the paint. The thing came and 40 minutes later I had the ding removed from the Botania, which now truly is like new again.
I am sure the same method works on other magic props (like dove pans etc.) The only thing I had to built was a small fixture because the ding king would not work on a highly curved surface (as on the Botania).
It was a real inexpensive problem solver and I wanted to share it here. Smile
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1815 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Cool idea!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Dings in metal props (Botania, Dove Pan etc...) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL