The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris Presents - Envy-lope by Brandon David and Chris Turchi (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18 [Next]
PHSIS
View Profile
Veteran user
Kailua-Kona HI
386 Posts

Profile of PHSIS
Hi there Ihop I am sorry you had this experience. Can you please message me privately the ebay links to where you purchased the knock off item from. We will have someone look into it ASAP. Thank you for your help on this matter. Merry xmas Smile
Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
943 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Is the Blue deck colors any better than the red? Im thinkin bout pickin' this one up..Thanks. db
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2411 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Hey everyone is out of stock on this
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2388 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On 2014-01-23 21:42, Xcath1 wrote:
Hey everyone is out of stock on this

We have Red and Blue in stock http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/e......nts.html
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2388 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
You will notice on our website that it says free UK shipping, but as this is out of stock with many dealers I will offer free worldwide shipping for a limited time to Café readers.

To order outside the UK just select collect in person as delivery method and make mention of this offer in the message box during checkout.
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Superjon
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Superjon
Hi all,

I really like this trick BUT I have had a few people question me

"why has that card got a crease in it" When I hold the cards prior to the actual manouver.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2388 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
You may be drawing too much attention to the deck before the change.

If it bothers you or the issue continues put a card on top and do a fake ambitious having the wrong card come back to the top, discard the wrong card and do the move this leaves you out in the open for less time for anything to be seen.

I've tried it both ways and have had no issues, it may be the way you are doing it?
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Superjon
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Superjon
Thanks for your advice Mark.

I am confident I am doing things correctly. I think it may happen if I am directly under light, the gimmick is laminated it relflects the crease.. I will do some more and report back..
Roland Choo
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
226 Posts

Profile of Roland Choo
Superjon, I believe you will be confident in handling it. Envylope is one of my most favorite trick in 2013. It goes straight into my repertoire after less than 10 practices. I don't know but for me the key is just hold it like you are holding the deck. Don't even bother about its existence. Lol.
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
I agree Roland, I even relax and let my hand with the 'deck' hang by my side before doing the change.

Also try doing the change on the offbeat, you really get a 'what the??' reaction...

I recommend keeping going with it, I absolutey love it!

Best,

Ben
Xaerius
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Xaerius
Hi Superjon,

I personally haven't had anyone say that too me yet, and I've done this under direct sunlight before. Like Roland, I stay in Singapore which has rather bright sunlight.

If you like, you could try waving your left hand around a little (not too high or too much of course) as you patter just before you place your right hand on the gimmick (to cover the crease when your left hand stops waving) for the change.

Hope that helps! Smile

Nigel
DOMINOSTREETMAGIC
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of DOMINOSTREETMAGIC
I've had the updated stiffer version of this for while now and can honestly say I don't feel confident performing it.
The envelope is really stiff even after it's been worked back and forth also the other problem is with noticeable lump in the middle of the card design.

Just wish I'd purchased the earlier version because I feel the paper envelope would work better.
Superjon
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Superjon
DOMINOSTREETMAGIC I guess this is why I see the crease a lot.

ANYWAY.. I have done this quite a few times now in night and evening environments. This trick is absolutely amazing..

This and Turbo stick get the best reactions much better than some $400 Gadgets I use!

If anyoneis on the fence with this jump off and get it .. I love this..
keshtopatel
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of keshtopatel
Quote:
On 2013-08-25 18:18, Magic-Daniel wrote:
How easy is it to construct your own gimmick on Tally Hoo?

Perdone moi for lack of such knowledge, but what is Tally hoo?
Do they construct a proto type for you?
Foxlute
View Profile
Regular user
UK
148 Posts

Profile of Foxlute
I finally decided to get this and I was a little disappointed in the finish of the gimmick. The right-hand side of the end of the one I bought is not glued fully to the softer material at the core of the gimmick so, when holding it, the end bows out slightly at the bottom left as a spec would see it, bottom right, looked at from above. Can anyone recommend the best type of adhesive to use to repair it? I don't want to use something that's going to seep through and stain it when it is going to be in full view of the spec.
PHSIS
View Profile
Veteran user
Kailua-Kona HI
386 Posts

Profile of PHSIS
Hi Foxlute. Deepest apologies for the defective gimmick. Please contact me at paulharrispresents.com and we'll be sure to replace this.

Appreciate your patience.

Janet Harris
Magic Fingers
View Profile
New user
Blackpool, UK
68 Posts

Profile of Magic Fingers
First things first...this is a brilliant effect, everything has already been said but I'd like to add my name to the list of fans. I had a quick scan of the thread and hope I haven't missed any relevant posts but the Envelope (not the gimmick) has taken a substantial beating this weekend and I'd like to get hold of a few spares. Can I get these?...I saw a post about making them yourself but I would much prefer to buy some made up.

Phil
PHSIS
View Profile
Veteran user
Kailua-Kona HI
386 Posts

Profile of PHSIS
Hi Magic Fingers

Murphy's has the normal refill envelopes…so your dealers should be able to get these.

Thanks for asking!

Janet Harris

PaulHarrisPresents
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
607 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Looks like good/clean/visual magic.. Its on my wish list, Ive been on the fence about this one for awhile.
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but is there anyway to buy a backup of the gimmick?

Robert
Catch me on Twitter @RobertSixx or Facebook -- Robert Sixx
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris Presents - Envy-lope by Brandon David and Chris Turchi (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL