The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris Presents - Envy-lope by Brandon David and Chris Turchi (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..16~17~18 [Next]
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1255 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Pocket switch? The fact that PHSIS came on and let us know the true nature of the examination sold me. It would be very easy once the say "let me see the envelope" to go grab "the other one" from the pocket. Thanks for the clarification and honesty.

Power Magic: Do you own this? Have you seen it performed live? If not why the false assumptions that it plays very differently than the demo?
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1279 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On 2013-08-25 11:39, Powermagic wrote:
While that might be a simple way around it it by no means is as deceptive. And hte video leaves out the entire effect as it would look in real time. Seems many let a PH product not undergo the same scurtiny as other effects with video edits. I would have to see how clean it looks from deck we see spread to the change. Leaving it out means it might not be as free and easy to get in the ready. I am not saying it does , just would have liked to see it performed as the audience sees it.

Think , whilst it's not spelt out in the video,bits perfectly clear that , whilst you turn your back to let the spec sign the card, you can do the necessary.

So they've seen and established in their mind that it's an ordinary deck and after signing their card the magic happens..there is to my mind no weak spot in the process.
PHSIS
View Profile
Veteran user
Kailua-Kona HI
386 Posts

Profile of PHSIS
Hey again

Envylope also includes a version where you start with a normal deck..put it into the box for a moment while card is being signed..then pull out the deck from the box and go directly into the effect. Many practical options are included with the dvd that will appeal to all styles and tastes.

J
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1255 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Just keeps sounding better. I love effects with "eye candy" like this. Still thinking about Bob Kohler's "Black Envelope". Although it doesn't have that awesome change the transportation still looks fantastic.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Quote:
On 2013-08-25 04:23, Zuke wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-24 12:04, Justin N. Miller wrote:
As someone who was CLOSELY related to this project at the beginning(had to step away because it would of been a conflict of interest with a company I was working for at the time) I can tell you that this is in NO WAY like humbug. Does it use the PH VD idea, yes, but in an entirely new way. This is THE BEST idea I have seen with the PH VD gimmick. It is super easy to perform, PERFECT (hear me now) PERFECT for walk-around and restaurant work. And it is sooo much fun to perform, and yes you WILL get CRYING reactions to this, it is the closest to REAL magic one could hope for!
JM

This does look very good and while I like some of the things JM has come up with, his endorsements are utterly worthless to me now based on previous rubbish he's crowed about. So, I am really looking forward to a real review on this. Smile

lol
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Quote:
On 2013-08-25 08:01, Markymark wrote:
I like the way you say 'this time'!

lol and you as well
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1374 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
If you can't handle switching in the gaff for the real deck - which is far more about timing and misdirection than dexterity - then you've probably no business performing something like this. Crack a few more books and get some more real-world experience under your belt first.

Those with real experience needn't ask questions about how clean the ringing in of the gimmick or handing out of the envelope is. They will already be armed with ways to accomplish this. There are many.
It's all in the reflexes.
PHSIS
View Profile
Veteran user
Kailua-Kona HI
386 Posts

Profile of PHSIS
Envelope also includes some great presentations where only the gaff is in play...so you can simply bring it out and instantly do the effect.

j
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Plus 1000 for just laying out the mechanics instead of dodging around about what can and can't be examined. Honesty is sometimes in such short supply here that plain speaking about an effect puts it at the head of the class. Thank you.
Nat
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Nat
Indeed!

Thanks Janet for your first rate assistance and customer service! You are always appreciated...

Nathan

Quote:
On 2013-08-25 16:05, writeall wrote:
Plus 1000 for just laying out the mechanics instead of dodging around about what can and can't be examined. Honesty is sometimes in such short supply here that plain speaking about an effect puts it at the head of the class. Thank you.
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1311 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
How easy is it to construct your own gimmick on Tally Hoo?
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1420 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
The Merchant of Magic are now taking orders for Envy-lope in the UK at http://www.magicshop.co.uk

Due to ship this coming week.

http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p143049/ENVY_......nfo.html
James927
View Profile
Regular user
Nor Cal
156 Posts

Profile of James927
This looks great! I was waiting for some user reviews but the straight forward answers from Janet helps me to feel this is something practical enough to save itself from being banished to "the drawer".
cyberdave03
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03
Quote:
TheMag1cian wrote:

Power Magic: Do you own this? Have you seen it performed live? If not why the false assumptions that it plays very differently than the demo?

Reread his post and you might see (or maybe not) that he didn't make any assumptions, let alone a false one. In fact, he specifically states that: "I am not saying it [is not easy to get ready], just would have liked to see it performed as the audience sees it." He's merely stating what most of us have learned the hard way: that a demo that shows the entire performance from start to finish is more trustworthy than an edited video, and the more heavily edited a demo is, the more suspicious it is. Most of us have been down that path: a trick looks great in the demo, but when you actually get it, you find what was "left out" of the demo - that an impossible move, or telltale noise, or some other imperfection makes the trick great for a staged video, but totally impractical for real world performance.
robvh
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
445 Posts

Profile of robvh
Janet, your clarifications are very much appreciated. No beating around the bush or being coy or elusive. Just straight to the facts that would be relevant to a performer (and potential customer). There's no substitute for such integrity and forthrightness.
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
685 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
This looks fantastic! Though the only part of the ad I have an issue with is suggesting it can be performed "surrounded". I often find myself being completely surrounded at gigs and any versions of the PH Vanishing Deck gimmick that I've tried do not suit that environment. Unless this version has solved the problem of the view from the right hand side, I'll have to give this one a miss.

I do hope to be proved wrong though, as this is something I'd really love to use.

Iain.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1279 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On 2013-08-25 19:14, Dominic Reyes wrote:
The Merchant of Magic are now taking orders for Envy-lope in the UK at http://www.magicshop.co.uk

Due to ship this coming week.

http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p143049/ENVY_......nfo.html

My order is in ...looking forward to playing about with this one.

Do quite a few card tricks and like to build from simple stuff that people think of as probably clever delights to more magical "what !!!" Moments. This is one of those "what !!!" Moments.
MagicDamo
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of MagicDamo
Janet, please would you let us know if the gimmick will be available in blue and why they are only currently available in red. I was about to buy this just before I realised, as I only use blue backed cards the red wouldn't be suitable for me and possibly the same may go for numerous other magicians who only use blue.
PHSIS
View Profile
Veteran user
Kailua-Kona HI
386 Posts

Profile of PHSIS
MagicDamo

Working on blue back add on now...but a quick zeox job can adapt the gaff to your favorite card back.

p
MagicDamo
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of MagicDamo
Janet
That's great to hear how long roughly will it be before the Blue back add on will be available? would this add on be sold as an additional item? also what is zeox? I am in the UK and.I have not heard of it? thanks for your help.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris Presents - Envy-lope by Brandon David and Chris Turchi (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..16~17~18 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL