The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Why did we invent music? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1320 Posts

Profile of bond19
I'm increasingly thinking about routines which evoke our senses, as these can be very powerful. Some interesting ideas are put forward in the article below. Could be of some use for ideas in crafting routines or presentations.

http://bit.ly/18TCacv
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
The invention of music was necessary so that people could distinguish between dancing and spontaneous seizures.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18817 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I think you'll find it happened like this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnwOE_44D9M
I've asked to be banned
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12232 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2013-08-25 14:47, mastermindreader wrote:
The invention of music was necessary so that people could distinguish between dancing and spontaneous seizures.

Maybe then, but not now.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1320 Posts

Profile of bond19
Quote:
On 2013-08-25 16:07, John C wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-25 14:47, mastermindreader wrote:

Maybe then, but not now.

Too funny!! (and true)
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
And for record companies to make money.

And musicians to get groupies. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
I highly highly recommend the book: This is your Brain on Music by Daniel Levitin, if you find this subject interesting ... and you should!
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
peculiarone
View Profile
Veteran user
Fence almost done. I've already put in
303 Posts

Profile of peculiarone
So men don't have to listen to their wives! Smile
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
To cover sounds coming from the Bed & Bath Rooms... Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Unknown7777
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of Unknown7777
So people had an excuse to do this http://youtu.be/Z1WDEfJBZXg
DonEduardo
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of DonEduardo
Unrelated I guess but the topic of music caught my attention because I've been thinking about the area of s***d R*****g. I was a musician in my younger days and over time I've developed my musical ear. I don't quite have perfect pitch but I've developed very good relative pitch. I built a device (a game) for my father, who is blind, that blinks colored lights but also plays a tone. He can easily beat sighted people at this game because he has an amazing musical ear and can easily press the right buttons to play back the right sequence of "lights." I've been wondering if the general public knows that musicians can distinguish tones so well and would realize that is the method being used. I think to most people the tones would just sound like random noises.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Why did we invent music? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL