The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Don't Post Anything Unless You Agree??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1104 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
What's this latest craze then? This is an open forum but now some of you are starting to warn off those that won't agree with your POV on subjects such as guns and global warming.

If you don't wish to debate a subject, don't post on an internet forum. If all you want is for others to agree with you and tell you how wonderful your ethos is you have some kind of problem.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Bob1Dog has really started a controversy, and I can't wait to see all of the future restrictive threads that will grow out of this boondoggle. LOL
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27112 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I heard one of my relatives had an agreement, but my family won't talk about it ever since he/she got out of the hospital.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2013-08-27 08:01, Russell Davidson wrote:
What's this latest craze then? This is an open forum but now some of you are starting to warn off those that won't agree with your POV on subjects such as guns and global warming.

If you don't wish to debate a subject, don't post on an internet forum. If all you want is for others to agree with you and tell you how wonderful your ethos is you have some kind of problem.

Alternately, people could simply respect the wishes of the OP. How hard should that really be? One could just as easily say, "If you can't refrain from posting a reply on an internet forum so you can show how your wonderful ethos is better than the OP's, you have some kind of problem."

There's nothing wrong with wanting an in-house discussion from time to time. Not everyone wants to debate every time they post something. It also can help the topic stay on topic.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:

Alternately, people could simply respect the wishes of the OP. How hard should that really be? One could just as easily say, "If you can't refrain from posting a reply on an internet forum so you can show how your wonderful ethos is better than the OP's, you have some kind of problem."

There's nothing wrong with wanting an in-house discussion from time to time. Not everyone wants to debate every time they post something. It also can help the topic stay on topic.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Kinda agree. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
Quote:
On 2013-08-27 08:24, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
I heard one of my relatives had an agreement, but my family won't talk about it ever since he/she got out of the hospital.

:rotf:
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
What?
No debate?
I came here for an argument!
This aggression will not stand!
If you don't want people to read your post and argue against it what's the point?
There are people out there that need offending and I won't let them down.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
As the father of the brood of spinoffs, I intended only a gentle poke in the ribs. I think it's great to try to keep a thread on topic. I'm not so keen on stifling disagreement, and I laughed out loud at the threat to report dissenters to the mods--as if they need more that BS to deal with.

I don't think Bob1dog meant any harm, and really did want to talk about the joys of various handguns without anyone suggesting that handguns are for men with little--whatever.

All in good sport, I hope.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
satellite23
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of satellite23
Quote:
On 2013-08-27 08:09, Al Angello wrote:
Bob1Dog has really started a controversy, and I can't wait to see all of the future restrictive threads that will grow out of this boondoggle. LOL

I disagree with your word selection--boondoggle? Smile
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2746 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2013-08-27 11:04, silvercup wrote:
What?
No debate?
I came here for an argument!
This aggression will not stand!
If you don't want people to read your post and argue against it what's the point?
There are people out there that need offending and I won't let them down.

I'm sorry, are you here for the half hour argument or the one hour argument?
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-08-27 08:09, Al Angello wrote:

As I said in another thread Al, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Thanks to one and all for following in kind. Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3008 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:

Couldn't agree more. If you're afraid of having your opinions challenged, then don't bother posting or starting a thread. Doesn't matter what the topic is. Threatening to run to the mods if folks don't fundamentally agree with you is cowardly at best, and probably an admission that you suspect that your position won't stand up to cross-examination.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Don't Post Anything Unless You Agree??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL