The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Don't post unless you agree to disagree (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4445 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2013-08-27 16:58, Mehtas wrote:
Bring back those Sinclair C5.

Only if its been suped up to a lithium ion battery and brushless motors powered by ...... Uranium....then I'm in!
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2013-08-28 15:28, irossall wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-28 13:51, mrunge wrote:
Quote:
Now, what are "road apples?"

Let's see, how can I put this? An apple goes into a horse on the front end, and a road apple comes out the back end!! Smile

Mark.

Very nicely put Smile .

To answer Bob. I would guess that he was charged with reckless endangerment after spending the night in jail. Probably got time served and a nice fine.
Iven Smile

Like I said, he was charged with public intoxication. There was no traffic on the road when he crossed and he nonetheless looked both ways before crossing. So no reckless endangerment.

I managed to convince the judge that his intent was NOT to violate the law, but to obey it by not driving while intoxicated. This wasn't exactly an easy thing to accomplish given that the defendant showed up drunk in court. But I didn't call him to the stand and he managed to stay awake and quiet during the trial. Smile
thirdeye3
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of thirdeye3
I'm about done with cars. The insurance is high, gas is going up again. I'm going back to bicycle and bus
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I still disagree with everything above. It all sounds like it belongs in the BS thread. Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2746 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2013-08-28 05:51, irossall wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-27 17:25, acesover wrote:
We are supposed to disagree.

Soooooo.

We should all be walking, or riding a horse. Cars are a curse on humanity.

I disagree about horses as transportation. Our streets would be flooded with urine and "road apples" would be everywhere. Walking is the more natural mode of transportation that would have the benefit of getting everyone in shape. Instead of taxi's we would have rickshaw's. There would be no more DUI's, we could have WUI's instead.
Iven Smile

That's why we had the guy with the bucket on wheels and the brush and shovel. See, bringing back horses would add to the employment numbers.

Quote:
On 2013-08-28 21:00, thirdeye3 wrote:
I'm about done with cars. The insurance is high, gas is going up again. I'm going back to bicycle and bus

I haven't owned a car for something like 20 years now. Bicycles and bus for me. (Although, when that hasn't been practical, I have rented a car.)
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Don't post unless you agree to disagree (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL