We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Bruce Bernstein's Separation Anxiety (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Is this card specific or can it port over to other papery items ok? photos? postcards? or does the handling make that difficult? ta...
I've asked to be banned
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
880 Posts

Profile of nique
Hey Iain, yes you can do so. Bruce mentions a version with business cards in the ebook.

~ Nique
"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction"

"Epique - A Mental Epic"

"TAP - The Assignment Prediction"

PM or email me for details:

niquetan@gmail.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/

www.niquetan.com
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Thanks!
I've asked to be banned
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12357 Posts

Profile of John C
Well, if you ever bought anything from Mr Bernstein in the past you won't hesitate to give him more money ever!

I think it's cool the way you can pull out a full deck and say, let's just use some cards. And deal 20 off the top. Now you're in business.

Or, yes IAIN, you can do this with biz cards. And I suppose ESP cards.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
I've studied many versions of this effect and perform several of them both impromptu and with preparation. I have a shorter version with less than a full deck as well as a longer version that I perform in a formal setting. Why would I want to replace my other versions with this one. What does it offer that the others don't? I'm a big fan of Bruce Bermstein and don't doubt this is very good but what advantages does it have that the others don't?
Steve
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2015 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Steve, this detailed description might help you decide. http://brucembernstein.com/saeffect.html
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1453 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
I think if, like me, you're a big fan of the OOTW plot, then you really will appreciate the thinking and structure of this routine. For me, that alone is worth the money.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
I have this... and like it.
But as Bruce himself credits, it builds on the terrific work of Jon Armstrong, Brad Henderson and Martin Gardner.

I do like the routine, but if it's the OOTW work specifically you're looking for, and you already have Armstrong's routine...

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1453 Posts

True, but if you do have Armstrong, you still don't have the second part of this routine, or the psychological reveal at the end.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
This is one of those times I loathe the asterisk censoring of The Café. But, I'll self-censor: the routines are excellent and the final reveal is an absolute mind****! Smile

Best,
Vlad
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4000 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On 2013-08-29 22:41, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
True, but if you do have Armstrong, you still don't have the second part of this routine, or the psychological reveal at the end.

This is a very important argument! I like the very clever thinking behind it. Who knows Armstrong's routine gains still a lot. I have to be so honest to admit that I skipped inadvertently his routine in "Best of all Worlds". So thanks to Bruce to direct me also there and to Brad Henderson.
Personally I would do a mix in the first phase (Berntein / Armstrong) and leave the second phase as it is. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1453 Posts

We are one in the same, Jan! I too had skipped over OOTWBBB, and only revisited it after getting SA. I now use the Armstrong clean up for phase 1.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Smile
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1719 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Sounds great, just emailed him to order it Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12357 Posts

Profile of John C
Do any of you cats start this off by taking twenty cards off the top and go into it? Or do you simply pull out twenty cards?
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
I just have 20 cards.
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
I'd love to know the performing conditions needed for this. Can it be done from a borrowed shuffled deck? Is there much of a set up? I might want to purchase this but only if it something I feel I'll actually use. That would mean being able to do it from a borrowed shuffled deck with minimum or no setting up. Thanks.
Steve
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4000 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Yes, there are options you could do so. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12357 Posts

Profile of John C
Minimum setup. Can use borrowed shuffled deck not the way its designed or not the way to maximize its use.

Steve this is a darn good effect. Well worth your time. Borrowed shuffled deck or not. Don't pass this up.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
I agree with John's assessment...

I have purchased this and it is certainly up to Bruce's typical high standard. I have not performed this, but from a structural standpoint, my opinion is that "Separation Anxiety" is among a small group of "best" solutions for my needs. Easily worth the price of admission. Highly recommended (as is any of Bruce's material).

With Regards,

Sean
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Bruce Bernstein's Separation Anxiety (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL