We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Bruce Bernstein's Separation Anxiety (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
rickreation
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of rickreation
Lovely idea Steve! I think the OOTW plot has powerful possibilities when used with other items. Derren Brown proved this with photographs of living and dead people on one of his TV specials. Think about that premise with Bruce's plot and there are some delicious possibilities.
Rolyan
View Profile
Special user
I'm fencing in my land; so far there are
590 Posts

Profile of Rolyan
Re Separation Anziety

For my own performing style I much prefer using a borrowed deck. So, for those who know SA, having counted the 10 card pile, is there a way of knowing the number of cards to turn without looking at the faces AND without having to do the complicated counting/maths in the head. I want to count the pile then keep them face down, but am having trouble doing the necessary counting of two things.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12357 Posts

Profile of John C
If you own it you know this.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Rolyan
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Rolyan
I own it and don't know it, hence the question. So, to reiterate......

I want to do it impromptu with a borrowed deck, but I'm having trouble doing the necessary secret counting. So I wondered if anyone has a way of doing the secret count that does not involve counting 2 things at once, which is the bit I'm struggling with.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12357 Posts

Profile of John C
If you own it you should know it?
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2299 Posts

Profile of ddyment
Even if all this were not covered in Bruce's book (which it is), methodological issues are not a fit topic for this publicly-accessible portion of the Café.

Use the non-public area!
"Calculated Thoughts" is available at The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
Rolyan
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Rolyan
Clearly neither of you are grasping what I'm trying to explain. Its NOT all covered in the $25 download (which regardless of what some are suggesting I DO own); to do it as I want to do it needs a double count. I'll see if I can find someone able to help elsewhere. In the meantime, if anyone wants to help, they can always pm me. If they really need evidence of ownership, I'll give answers to any questions about any word on any line on any page.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12357 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2014-02-13 16:28, Rolyan wrote:
Clearly neither of you are grasping what I'm trying to explain. Its NOT all covered in the $25 download (which regardless of what some are suggesting I DO own); to do it as I want to do it needs a double count. I'll see if I can find someone able to help elsewhere. In the meantime, if anyone wants to help, they can always pm me. If they really need evidence of ownership, I'll give answers to any questions about any word on any line on any page.

What Doug is alluding to is that we don't discuss intricate details of things in any forum other than IT. You need 50 posts to be able to post in IT

The IT forum isn't Google searchable.
Rolyan
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Rolyan
I fully appreciate what Doug is alluding to. I was simply hoping that someone could cryptically answer my question, even by pm. Its more than possible to do this without giving anything away to those not in the know, I've helped many myself this way over many years. However, It's no hassle, we are having a session at the Frik 'n' Firkin shortly, I'll run it past the lads there.
Cluckdini
View Profile
New user
This stunt chicken telekinetically typed
75 Posts

Profile of Cluckdini
FYI, Bernstein talks about leveraging some subtleties from Jon Armstrong's OOTBBB (which he says was the inspiration for SA) in the SA pdf. You don't need to know OOTBBB to learn SA but the discussion of OOTBBB doesn't make much sense in that case, and I was starting to wonder if I was missing something significant.

From the OOTBBB thread, I just discovered that OOTBBB is both performed and explained in Reel magic issue #19. It was very cool to be able to instantly stream that (since I subscribe) and now those pages make sense. I currently like SA "as is" but I like that I now have more of a safety net (the OOTBBB shuffle corner cases) if things go wrong early on.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Bruce Bernstein's Separation Anxiety (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL