We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Is hypnosis legal is sweden? if not , how to get around it? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
923 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
Just moved to sweden(from personal reasons) and didn't have too much time to find that out until now, if somebody knows whether it's legal to perfom stage/street/for friends is the bar hypnosis there, if would really appreciate it.
If it's not legal than it's not a deal breaker for me as I don't perform strickly hypnosis but it still would make me angry as I would lose a lot of potential income and chances for performing.
Reader discretion is advised.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
As far as I know the only countries where it is illegal are the UK and Isreal. The rest of the world has more sense. I have done a show in Finland with no problems.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
As far as I know the only countries where it is illegal are the UK and Isreal. The rest of the world has more sense. I have done a show in Finland with no problems.
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
923 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
I now found few people who say it's legal and others who say it's not, also heard that it is legal but you need a medical deploma. Now I don't know which is true and whether it covers stage hypnosis or maybe just teraphy
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
I know this seems silly, but have you considered asking to see government laws concerning hypnosis in Sweden? If you don't want to contact the government, and if you can read/understand Swedish, try this:
http://www.hypnosforeningen.se/kontakt.htm
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
An odd and rather unique situation exists in Sweden.

The ONLY legal stage hypnotist is Fredrik Praesto.

You may wish to contact him to see if this situation has changed. He is a friendly and helpful guy.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
923 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
I just emaild them at hypnosforeningen.se but I'm not sure how to contact Fredrik directly, if I don't get an answer for my first messege than I'll try to contact him.

Thanks for the help
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
923 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
So, from what I gathered it appears that hypnosis here is ilegal without a medical license, which really sucks.
I know there are ways to do hypnosis without saying it's hypnosis, but without being able to market a hypnosis show I'll definitly loose some possible money
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20662 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Sounds like only one of the problems.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Fredrik sounds like a great hypnotist to pull off a stunt like that!
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
923 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
Finally got a full answer:

If you have a proper training for being a hypnotist in Sweden, that means doing clinical hypnosis within the realm of health and care. We have asked our Polish colleagues, and you were not trained in those officially acknowledged hypnosis societies, as far as they know. Doing stage hypnosis is regulated by law in Sweden, that means it is forbidden until you have applied for and received a permission from the National Board of Health (Socialstyrelsen). If not, your performance will probably be reported and stopped by the police.

/SSCH office

Eva Cullberg
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
I have done workshops in Sweden and have mentored privately here in my therapy rooms in the UK with Swedish students.
With respect to Anthony there ARE other legal stage hypnotists over there.
I don't want to give contacts openly as I do not have their permission to do so but if you pm me I'm sure I can help.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Is hypnosis legal is sweden? if not , how to get around it? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL