The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Lubor Lens principle (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

S87
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of S87
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to make something and one of the options is to utilise the science behind the Lubor Lens. As we know, Lubor Fiedler invented it and after searching I can't find any information on whether it's patented technology, what the legal situation is on using it in another context or even if the method behind it is common scientific knowledge or if it's something that's been kept secret. I've been looking at various different kinds of 3D and holographic options but I'd like to explore this more.

I'm no scientist so if anyone can explain the workings of it, point me in the right direction to read about the principle used or even put me in touch with Lubor I would very much appreciate it.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3211 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
S87
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of S87
Thanks Jim but I already knew where to buy Reality Twister gimmicks. I'm looking for sheets of it so that I can cut it up and put it in something but I don't know if the lubor lens is just the standard corrugated plastic used for holograms or if it's a special, protected design/principle.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22651 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
This is one of those times when you have to do some in-depth researching for Lubor Fiedler. I did a little Googling and it seems he does not have a website dedicated to him. I found a note that he was at a Magic Live Convention so he must be still alive. If you don't speak German or know someone that does, then it will be very difficult to locate him. The only way I could suggest you locate him is through German magic societies. They usually can help if you are sincere.

Another suggestion is to take both types of lenses to a college science lab and have them determine if they are the same. Then you will know for sure.

You chances of finding someone on the Café that knows Lubor Fiedler and will share his information is very slim. I once located a famous magician with the method I outlined and he got in contact with me. I had to even use regular mail initially. It took me several months for everything to fall into place. This person was in England, thus no language barrier to deal with.

It should be possible to locate him as there are a number of products on the magic market with his name on them. The therefore should have dealing with him on some level.

Good Luck!

Do you have his DVD? It may give some hints as to locating him.

Here is a tip, Lubor Fiedler is part of the magic consultants for http://www.trickproduction.com I would start there if it was me.
S87
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of S87
Thank you Bill, that's closer to what I'm looking for. Likewise, my searches didn't provide much information and I can't find anything connected to the lens or Lubor through patent or copyright searches so I can only assume that if it is a protected idea it's under a different (most likely it's scientific) name. I did think about taking an actual lubor lens to a scientist friend of mine so maybe you're right about seeing if he can shed any light on what's at play.

I don't have his DVD. Until recently, when I started looking at making this prop my only knowledge of Lubor was Reality Twister so finding out that he is actually quite a prolific inventor is new to me.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
I always thought the lens was a normal lenticular lens, and the application of it was the genius part.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm also interested in the answers.

I'll need to reread the book.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Ramin
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of Ramin
magicwatcher2005
View Profile
Elite user
Washington state
446 Posts

Profile of magicwatcher2005
This thread is living proof that we've become so used to getting whatever we want with click of a button that if we can't find information in one Google search we feel lost. Then we go on a forum and ask someone else to do the work for us. As Pop Haydn would say, "Well aren't you all a terrible bunch of scientists!"

If you really need someone to do your research for you, somebody already did. Pick up a copy of the March, 2014 Genii Magazine. You'll know you've got the right one because Lubor Fielder is on the cover. Beginning on page 60 there's 17 pages of somebody else researching his entire life and career.

Maybe you will find what you're looking for in there...
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
459 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Mark Setteducati is writing a book about Lubor`s magic. Lubor has 2 DVDs - VHS on the market. One he produced for Magic Promotions in Germany and one for Supreme magic that was later converted to a DVD and sold by L&L. There are also 5-6 smaller books and lecture notes he published but most of them are in German since Lubor has been living in Austria for a very long time.
mantel
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2013, S87 wrote:
I can't find anything connected to the lens or Lubor through patent or copyright searches so I can only assume that if it is a protected idea it's under a different (most likely it's scientific) name.

Here it is: Magic trick with vanishing effect Patent #20030054894

Regards,

Mantel
Chris Aguilar
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of Chris Aguilar
It looks like the patent is no longer in effect.

Quote:
Nov 15, 2011 FP Expired due to failure to pay maintenance fee Effective date: 20110923
Robert Houdin 78
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Robert Houdin 78
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2014, magicwatcher2005 wrote:
If you really need someone to do your research for you, somebody already did. Pick up a copy of the March, 2014 Genii Magazine. You'll know you've got the right one because Lubor Fielder is on the cover. Beginning on page 60 there's 17 pages of somebody else researching his entire life and career.

Thanks for this info!
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1525 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Lubor Fiedler passed away earlier this year just thought I would mention that since part of this thread is a couple of years old.
richburb
View Profile
New user
Always something new... except when there isn't.
21 Posts

Profile of richburb
This is an old thread, but perhaps someone is still looking for the answer to the original question. I suggest this site: https://www.lenstarlenticular.com/store
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Lubor Lens principle (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL