The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rehab: Real World Piece by Piece Restoration Download Coming Soon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Hey, guys.

So some of you might remember that I originally released Rehab: The Real World Torn And Restored Card through Big Blind Media way back in 2008. It was sort of an underground hit. Didn't catch fire but was definitely a slow burn. Word about the T&R slowly spread and it became a big seller over time. The reason is because it is what the title says it is, a real world torn and restored card. I came up with it because I loved Torn but just couldn't pull it off without flashing. So I spent a load of time coming up with a T&R handling that's doable and practical.

Some bullet points:

Very angle friendly
Simple handling (much easier than most piece by piece T&Rs
Simple to set up
Pretty much as visual as most others
Basically, it's one of the few piece by piece T&Rs that's actually doable in the real world

The signed card is immediately examinable (No going back to the deck)
Card can be kept by the spectator

I am going to re-release it next week as an instant download. I am re-filming it and adding new content, including a final phase that happens in the spectator's hands.

Hope you guys who have yet to discover the joys of Rehab will enjoy it.

More details to come.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

I'll put up a demo soon. Hopefully tomorrow.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

Uncut demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPcMUucPM1Q

The angles on this are great.

What isn't shown is my presentation for the effect. Everyone always asks, how do you justify tearing up a card and restoring it? Well, I'm not so sure it needs justification. You tear up the card in order to perform a magical effect. The justification kind of takes care of itself. However, I do layer it with more meaning. Not a ton of meaning, but a bit more. I'll go into it on the download.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2408 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Nice touches that improve the practicality of this plot. I bought the DVD
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

Glad you like it. Yes, it's definitely designed to be practical.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2316 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Ok... I don't drop in on other peoples shtuff often... But this looks good. Congrats.

Tony
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2316 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Ok... I don't drop in on other peoples shtuff often... But this looks good. Congrats.

Tony
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8254 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Agreed it looks great. The only thing for me is the true difficulty level. I've always wanted to perform a decent T n R but all to date have been too fiddly for my liking.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2221 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
That's a REAL thing of beauty there Cameron!!! Congrats!
smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
674 Posts

Profile of smullins
Cameron, you're awesome

That's al I have to say on the subject.
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I used to do this years ago. Very practical. Easy to do Smile
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

Thanks, everyone. Difficulty: not hard.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
I'd love to see a head to toe demo. So far, I would not go near this, sorry.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2697 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
I love it. The routine looks super practical.

Looks like a real worker.

Congrats,
Greg Rostami
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

Tomsk192, I pmed you. You're not really missing anything.

Greg, thank you. I worked on this for ages. Wanted a T&R for restaurant work. This was the result.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

Had a question about whether or not you can put the pieces in your mouth instead of I your pocket. No. However, this is a magician issue, not a lay person/real world issue. No one cares where you put the pieces before they are restored. Putting them in you pocket makes sense. No spectator is ever going to say,"Nice trick, but I really wish he had put those pieces in his mouth before restoring them!"

:)
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
This doesn't translate well on video but in real situations it's good.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Looks good to me Cameron. I've played around with several and have yet to find one that works for me in the real world.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

There's a lot of controversy over which kind of T&R is better: Flash restoration or piece by piece.

Frankly, I think it's a matter of horses for courses. If you are a fast paced, snappy kind of magician, then you probably don't want to take the time to slow down and do a piece by piece restoration. Unless you want to change the pace of your act...

If you are a slower, more suspenseful magician, then a piece by piece might be just the right thing for you.

Either way, lay people are intrigued by both kinds of T&Rs. I have performed both styles and have gotten amazing reactions from both.

Or think about this: a flash restoration followed by a piece by piece restoration. So you tear a card up and restore it all at once. Then say something to the effect of, "Now that happened pretty fast. You probably couldn't see what was going on. Here, let me do it again, but this time in slow motion..." Now perform Rehab. Never done it myself but it could be an interesting approach.

Anyway, just a few thoughts regarding this plot.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

First three people to PM me get a free review copy. The only stipulation is that you have to post something about the effect either on this thread or the thread in the Ebooks & Downloads Review section. Doesn't have to be a long review. Just post some of your thoughts.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rehab: Real World Piece by Piece Restoration Download Coming Soon (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL