The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rehab: Real World Piece by Piece Restoration Download Coming Soon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
All copies have been spoken for. Thanks, guys!
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2221 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
When is it available this week Cameron? Got a price yet? Is it a download video? Written?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4839 Posts

Profile of RNK
I believe it will be released tomorrow, Wednesday, Sept. 4th at an introductory price of $12.00. Then will go up to $15.00. Great price as usual from Cameron!

RNK
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

Yes, $12 for a limited time.

I'm also going to reshoot the demo. I've heard rumblings about my fingers being closed in the demo. Fair enough. Doesn't have to be that way, though. You can handle the card very freely. So I'll reshoot without so much closed finger action.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2249 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Cameron,

I never got the download link, I tried PMs but they are not working.

Thanks

My email: alejandrohinojosacantu@hotmail.com

thanks
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

Just sent it.

All the free copies have been sent and the trick is now up on my website. Thanks for all of your support!
Nikki78
View Profile
Elite user
I impaled Dracula with
493 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
Quote:
On 2013-09-03 22:27, Cameron Francis wrote:
New demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkWRnWteUAk

Hi Cameron,

Congrats & Kudos to you! The restoration looks really good!
I'm sold!

Cheers
Nikki
I'm no native speaker - please ignore the mistakes Smile
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-09-03 22:27, Cameron Francis wrote:
New demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkWRnWteUAk

:applause: Smile Smile

You smoked me on that!

Zombie
Romano911
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Romano911
Just purchased. This is something I can use, and for $12 it's a steal. Great job.
Commonly known as Mariano Blanco.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4839 Posts

Profile of RNK
I just had the opportunity to watch the video this morning. I would say first that for $12.00- I agree- this is an absolute steal. Considering other TnR plots go for $25.00 or more! IMO, Cameron's Rehab looks just as good as all the other piece by piece restoration plots out there. As always- Cameron's instructions are presented very well. Cameron touches on why a piece by piece restoration in comparison to a flash restoration and the reasoning behind the piece by piece restoration. Cameron teaches two ways to perform Rehab- one using a force card and one not using a force card. Yes- there are two slight subtlety differences in the non-force card version but these are so slight they will never be noticed. Some may not like the part where you put a few of the pieces back in the pocket while restoring the others in your hand. Personally, I do not mind this because it's a lot more sanitary than putting them in your mouth. Further- once the card is restored- I doubt the spectator will want to handle the card after it's been in your mouth! The restoration process is one of the easiest I have seen. And the ad holds true- the angles on this will be pretty good. You could get away with the audience being on both sides of you close to 180 degrees. One thing I have failed to mention is the set-up. Again- this is one of the easiest set-ups for a piece by piece TnR plot I have seen. You can do this on the fly if you really had to- it's that easy. No special anything- just a card and a marker. That to me is a big point as a lot of times I am in a rush getting to a performance and tend to forget things at times (most times, LOL)!. If this happened with Rehab it would not be a problem as the set-up is so easy.

All in all- I find Rehab to be a super value for $12.00. Yes I was one who was lucky to get a review copy but even if I didn't- I stand by my review and would write the same comments even if I had purchased Rehab. I am definitely looking forward to performing this and will write back once I have with the audiences reactions.

RNK
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

Thank you, my friend. And, yes, I do believe you would have purchased as you have purchased from me before! Smile

Just added some sexy new artwork for Rehab to the site, thanks to the super talented Dave Forrest!

A word about the price. This was tough for me. The original DVD went for $25. But it had five bonus effects and the production values were super high.

This download is a bit more modest and there are no bonus effects. I still felt that the routine was good enough that even without the bells and whistles, it should be priced high but not too high. I thought $15 seemed very fair. You are getting a really usable and workable routine, here. I always run introductory offers on my stuff, though, so for this week only, it's $12.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4839 Posts

Profile of RNK
True. As I have most of your material, lol!

RNK
professorwho
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of professorwho
Conflict of interest statement: I am one of the lucky three who got this from Cameron for naught. I am also a big fan of Cameron's previous releases and use a lot of his material regularly.
I've been wary of T&R plots before because I've found them fiddly or not convincing. This one I will be doing in the real world. The set up is frankly genius in its simplicity and really practical. I like the display option of using a force card but then I have had a fair few specs who suspect everything and I think it is a great little convincer.
I agree with a lot of RNK's points above and the effect is definitely worth the price.
I also think putting the card pieces in a pocket is a non-issue.
The teaching is straightforward and clear and I really like the final restoration in spectator's hand- a bit bold but no more so, in fact rather less so, than using an omni deck.
In short:
Recommended!
I love sponges
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

Me rambling on about Rehab and T&Rs in general:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ckenvN0iRA
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2408 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Conflict of interest statement. I received one of the review copies from Cameron so I did not pay for this effect. Conflict of interest statement 2, Cameron seems like such a nice guy that if I really didn't like this it probably would be difficult for me to post it publicly and I would send him a PM instead.
The points Cameron makes in the YouTube video link in the above post are exactly the points I was going to make about this.
It is hard not to compare this effect to what may be the gold standard of semi practical piece by piece restorations and that is Torn by Daniel Garcia.
If you are successfully performing the Reformation you are probably not reading this review
I have not performed Cameron's routine in public yet, I don't know how anyone who just received it could have.
It does have friendly angles and is less temperamental than most piece by piece restorations. The second piece is a touch less visual than Torn but the last piece when you really feel the heat is not a bluff as it is in many of the piece by piece TnR.
I think as Cameron says if you have always wanted to learn a piece by piece TnR than this is an effect that you can and will actually do in public..
As usual for Cameron the price is more than fair.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

Thank you, sir. Your comments are much appreciated.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

A few quotes from guys who know their stuff:

“Cameron's Rehab is great… it does take into consideration the angle issues with most restorations. He has cleverly made these adjustments without sacrificing the effect and artistry.. It is as bold as it is beautiful and I highly recommend it to those who may have not considered the torn card premise. Some of the sequences genuinely fooled me and where I would think 'are yes but you can't show that bit cleanly', but then he does which is great.” -- Marc Spelmann

"Rehab is cooler than a snowman's icy bits!" -- Liam Montier

“This is one of my favourite C.F. routines. I believe that many people will adopt his handling as it hit's the sweet spot on the easy/W.T.F. meter.” -- Steve Haynes

"Your method and thinking on this plot is freaking brilliant Cameron" -- Gary Jones
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

A quick note to those who have purchased:

The video is 25 minutes long. When you open the Dropbox link, you can only watch the first 15 minutes online (that's all Dropbox allows). So you must download the file onto your computer to watch the entire video.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6968 Posts

Sale ends Monday at midnight EST. Get it for cheap while you can!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rehab: Real World Piece by Piece Restoration Download Coming Soon (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL