The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Houdini's Pillory (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
myboydash
View Profile
New user
Bertrand, NE
19 Posts

Profile of myboydash
Richard, those are both really exquisite. I appreciate everyone chiming in to help me on this path.
amazingcarrington
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of amazingcarrington
Hello Richard,

Did you remove the attachments? I can't seem to get to them but would love to view them.

Michael
Richard Sherry
View Profile
Veteran user
Calgary, AB, Canada
313 Posts

Profile of Richard Sherry
Hello Michael. The images are still there but for some reason they aren't showing up when you click on the link. If you click on Edit Preferences at the top of the page (when you are signed into the Café) you will see an option that says,

"always show images attached in posts(otherwise a clickable link):
(Note: Choosing "No" will speed up forum by not having to download large images)"

select yes to this option and then go to the bottom and click on Save Preferences. You should see the pictures embedded in the post.

Not sure why they aren't showing when you click the link!

Thanks for your interest!

Take care
Richard
amazingcarrington
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of amazingcarrington
Hello Richard,

Thanks for the info on the edit preferences. That did the trick. Beautiful pillaries. As I mentioned earlier, I have one as well. I also had a machine shop make a duplicate bolt. They did a fantastic job of giving the metal a very aged look as well.

But again, this is a 2 person illusion, correct? I've not worked out a way to do it alone. But.....am always open to ideas.

Thanks again,
Michael
Richard Sherry
View Profile
Veteran user
Calgary, AB, Canada
313 Posts

Profile of Richard Sherry
Hello Michael. This escape is best performed with 2 people. I would not trust a member of the audience to cover you properly etc.

La Grande David has the best performance of the Houdini pillory I have seen. His 2 assistants throw a large silk over him and as it flutters over him he is free. Beautiful!!!!!!
Paul_Rheaume
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Paul_Rheaume
@Richard, from the photo, yours looks exactly like mine. Mine is original, I had the opportunity to borrow and work with the original owned by the Leon family. It too is excatly like mine and yours.

that being said, I have also built several of them years ago. The ones sold by Owen (slightly larger di bolt and thicker stocks)were mounted on a kellar base. don't know what they mount them on now adays. I used to (during the 70's)look for metal bird ecage stands at the thrift stores and cut then down to size. What did you do to build your stand?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Houdini's Pillory (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL