The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Lottery Winner 2.0 - CONTEST (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
482 Posts

Profile of Roy
Do you want to attend a creativity contest and win 180$ products package?

Lottery Winner 2.0 is an innocent looking business cards pack that is made to force 6 numbers on six volunteers, tossed-out-deck style.
There is also an additional 'bonus number' which you force on a specific volunteer and you reveal it at the climax of the routine.

Several mentalists such as Amir Lustig and Luca Volpe gave me beautiful routines built for the Lottery Winner 2.0 and I decided to put it all on a PDF.

Along with my routines there are:

* The Problematic Person principle
* Interactive video prediction
* Newspaper Prediction
* Tossing paper balls to the audience
* Two chair routines

If you are innovative and you're willing and able to create interesting routines, you might find this contest interesting.

RULES:

1. You must PM me a routine that nobody gave me before you did
2. make sure to add your full name and email address
3. Final date to send your routine is September 10, 2013
4. You must send to me detailed and complete instructions, Not just a raw basic idea
5. Once you send me the routine, beside a credit on your name, you won't have any rights or ownership on this routine.
6. The routines will be scored by 3 professional magicians/mentalists individually. The highest scored routine will be entitled as the winner.

THE PRIZE:
The winner will get his routine to be part of the Lottery Winner 2.0 PDF with a credit and a few lines about the creator. The winner will also receive the following product package that includes:

* The Lottery Winner 2.0
* The Lottery PDF
* The Cool Spool
* Cool Spool DVD
* The Roy DVD
* Requires Only You DVD

Prize value: 180$
Shipping: on my account

OTHER PRIZES:
Other routines that will be interesting enough will be added to the PDF with a credit to its creator and also entitle him:
* The Lottery Winner 2.0
* The Lottery PDF

Prize value: 55$
Shipping: on my account

You get more details about Lottery Winner 2.0 here:
http://www.telepathy.co.il/portfolio/lottery-winner/

If you have any questions or need for clarifications, simply PM me and I will answer ASAP

Best,
Roy Zaltsman
Cervier
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1261 Posts

Profile of Cervier
Quote:
On 2013-08-30 23:43, Roy wrote:
5. Once you send me the routine, beside a credit on your name, you won't have any rights or ownership on this routine.

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Could you explain what this means exactly?
"A friend is someone who know you well but loves you anyway" H. Lauwick
The Lynx Deck, http://jmmaries.free.fr/cervier/
Grapheeteez, on GooglePlay
Telemos the peek envelope, on SkywardMagic
Telemos en Francais sur TheMysteryStore
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Standard approach to selling an effect to any kind of publisher...it means once you sign it over, it then no longer stays yours, and it can be published/sold as the new owner wishes..
I've asked to be banned
Cervier
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1261 Posts

Profile of Cervier
Ok, but I still don't see why this should imply the author of the routine loses all rights about it!? Or do I get it wrong?

In France, such clause would be considered legally void, because you cannot abandon intellectual property: whatever you write or create stays yours. You can grant someone rights to publish, sell and otherwis USE your work, you can abandon your droits d'auteur ("author's rights", that's money), but you remain the owner.
A friend of mine is a US writer and from what I gathered from our discussions, I thought it was roughly the same over there.

If, really, the author of the routine wasn't its owner any more, you could have situations were the publisher didn't give the right to buyers to perform the routine, which would mean the author himselfwouldn't be allowed to perform it either!?

So my question was, is it a shortcut to say the publisher will have the right to publish it and sell it as he wishes (but the author retains ownership), or is it what the word say, the author abandons his worl completely?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
If you enter this competition, the ownership of the routine becomes roy's...he can do with it what he wants, in any format, and you can no longer publish it yourself...that's pretty much it...

the creator can still perform it - cos he know how it works! but he can't do anything commercially with it...he can't sell it himself for example...

basically, if you don't want to hand over a routine, you just don't bother entering the competition!

you sell an effect, it is no longer yours...its as simple as that...
I've asked to be banned
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I'm in england by the way...

so I once sold an effect to martin breese, which meant he could do with it what he wanted to - in that example, he added a box to it all (which wasn't in my original, and I personally didn't like it) - however, it became "his" so I had no say in the matter...just like if you create a painting, and I buy it and display it, if I wanted to draw a moustache on it, that would not have anything to do with you...and you couldn't do anything about it, nor if I charged entry to see it...
I've asked to be banned
Cervier
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1261 Posts

Profile of Cervier
If I do enter the contest, it will be for the fun of it and the challenge, not the prizes.
Among the dozens of projects I'm working on (or should be working on ;-) there's something like Roy's proposal, so I'm interested in information on the matter.

...I'm not totally convinced by what you wrote IAIN, but thank you for your answers anyway Smile
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
482 Posts

Profile of Roy
My meaning for "Once you send me the routine, beside a credit on your name, you won't have any rights or ownership on this routine" is:
Once someone sends me a routine for The Lottery Winner pack, I can publish in the Lottery Winner 2.0 PDF with no need to pay the creator anything else beside what I promised: credit and prize.

What I wrote is guidelines and not a legal form. It's not complicated at all...I think...
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Agreed - however Roy, are you also saying that people could not publish the same routine elsewhere?
I've asked to be banned
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
482 Posts

Profile of Roy
Right, Iain.
The routine is for the Lottery Winner 2.0 PDF Only.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12245 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2013-08-31 08:02, LCervier wrote:
If I do enter the contest, it will be for the fun of it and the challenge, not the prizes.
Among the dozens of projects I'm working on (or should be working on ;-) there's something like Roy's proposal, so I'm interested in information on the matter.

...I'm not totally convinced by what you wrote IAIN, but thank you for your answers anyway Smile

I have first dibs on your prize if you win!!
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Cervier
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1261 Posts

Profile of Cervier
Quote:
On 2013-08-31 18:20, John C wrote:

Deal ;-)

I'm still not sure I will participate. I'm going to think about a routine anyway, so this morning I made myself a pack of business cards that "does" what Roy described. Having something to fiddle with helps me think.

But John, don't start to make rooms on your shelves ;-) I won't win. If I really like the routine I come up with, I won't feel like abandoning it, losing every right about it. And if I don't like it... well, what would be the point in sending it to anybody???

I also believe you have to test a routine to know whether it's any good, and I don't publish stuff I haven't tested (except some ideas on forums), and I don't think I will have time to design a winner routine and test it to be sure I'm not kidding myself, not within ten days.

Ahrrr... I don't know. Maybe I'll change my mind
;-)
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12245 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2013-09-01 08:27, LCervier wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-31 18:20, John C wrote:

Deal ;-)

I'm still not sure I will participate. I'm going to think about a routine anyway, so this morning I made myself a pack of business cards that "does" what Roy described. Having something to fiddle with helps me think.

But John, don't start to make rooms on your shelves ;-) I won't win. If I really like the routine I come up with, I won't feel like abandoning it, losing every right about it. And if I don't like it... well, what would be the point in sending it to anybody???

I also believe you have to test a routine to know whether it's any good, and I don't publish stuff I haven't tested (except some ideas on forums), and I don't think I will have time to design a winner routine and test it to be sure I'm not kidding myself, not within ten days.

Ahrrr... I don't know. Maybe I'll change my mind
;-)

Lcervier,

I may be wrong but you just could be taking this a little too seriously.

Regardless, keep me on the list for your winnings. Sounds like you could come up with a winner.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Cervier
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1261 Posts

Profile of Cervier
Quote:
On 2013-09-01 08:34, John C wrote:
I may be wrong but you just could be taking this a little too seriously.

I don't think so, but maybe I make it it look like I do. So, thank you for the warning, I'll keep that in mind
Cervier
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1261 Posts

Profile of Cervier
Ok, I just sent a routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Lottery Winner 2.0 - CONTEST (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.4 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL