The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Where to stand on sub trunk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

elliottmagic
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of elliottmagic
Hello,
I am using a sub trunk with the top gimmic. The t**p is in the middle of the lid. I'm wondering where the person holding the cloth should stand on the top in relation to the t**p (in front or behind) and where the person inside the box needs to go in order to make the appearance.
So should the assistant holding the cloth be on the front edge of the trunk or the back?
Thanks
Elliott
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22437 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
It is best to get instruction from the builder. Each design is handled differently.
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1134 Posts

Profile of Eldon
My assistant stands in front. I come up behind her.
chill
View Profile
Veteran user
colorado, usa
372 Posts

Profile of chill
Try it both ways and use the fastest/easiest
I spent most of my money on magic and women, the rest i just wasted
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Get the Pendragons DVD on the subtrunk Vol. 2. It will answer all your questions and more.

http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php?m......_id=2574

John
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5707 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Stand on top. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Frank Simpson
View Profile
Special user
SW Montana
881 Posts

Profile of Frank Simpson
We straddle it. I stand toward the back and she comes up in front of me, but we're neither in front of or behind the business.

It is well worth it for you to take the time to explore many methods to come up with the best way for you.
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1134 Posts

Profile of Eldon
After reading Franks post I thought I should clarify. We straddle it. Assistant in front. I come up from behind.
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1134 Posts

Profile of Eldon
After reading Franks post I thought I should clarify. We straddle it. Assistant in front. I come up from behind.
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1399 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
I started on top... and was in front.. my assistant was very short.. so she literally used my belt as a handle to get leverage to get out of the trunk faster..

As soon as she could, she grabbed the sides of the cloth (mine is a full square hoop) and she's the one that pushed the cloth up. I tucked, closed my eyes and jumped. She dropped the curtain, fully trusting that I would be inside.

I had one assistant that instinctively waited to hear the door latch... but it added precious moments to the exchange.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Where to stand on sub trunk (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL