The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Worker's diary - full52/mark elsdon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Ok, I got this yesterday - to be transparent, I swopped a copy of my work with Mark, for a copy of this...

here's my review...

first thing's first, the method(s) involved are not related to bob cassidy's, and there is crediting (has its own mini chapter mentioning the history of the presentation), and mark mentions a few other inspirations as he goes along...

what you get - a deck of cards, dvd, and a small black hardback diary, week per view.
what you have to do - fill it in by hand, and write something on the deck too (you can see all this in the demos floating around the inter-ether)
not sure if you can pick if its coming in red or blue though...
and obviously, if you are one of those walkaround merchants, its an instant reset and different each time (i know that's obvious, but questions like that DO get asked on here for some reason)...anyway...

what is it? the main presentation is this - you produce the diary and the deck, ask someone their birthday, they look it up in the diary and see a card written on that date, they can flick through the pages to note that its not the same card on the same date of each month (for example)...you spread through the deck to find the card, and when you turn it over, it is the only card that has a different coloured back, and it has "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" written on it...

that's it in its basic format/description

now, you have options with this, you can play it quite light hearted, which is what mark says he does - but I personally can see it as pretty customisable - I don't like the birthday angle personally, so I think I shall try it as a explanation of how I try to practice reading minds, and use next year's diary...

you could do it as a dream, time-travel, fun, heavy, something else entirely...i do like it, takes a bit of pocket space if that's a concern - but not too much. And you won't be able to do anything else with the deck...

that's it! I won't compare it to any other diary effect, as I think its a slightly different beast...if you want a pure synchronicity type effect, then bob's one in his Artful book is still available (The Telepathic Diary) - hopefully you already have that though...

I think the main difference(s) are that you can have a very specific theme and message on the deck in The Worker's Diary...which to me means, if you based this on cartomancy in some way, you could have different mini-readings written on the back of each card too...

so anyway, if this sounds like its your thing, its recommended - works/functions as it should, good quality, well explained... 8/10
I've asked to be banned
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Nice review sir.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Worker's diary - full52/mark elsdon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL