The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Can you? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Gordon the discombobulator
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of Gordon the discombobulator
At a wedding reception doing close-up magic. A girl, late teens, Who I had never met before, came up to me and said, "can you really hypnotise people? "
I said, "yes I can" in a confident way.
Then I took her hand, placed it on top of her head and said "There, it is stuck!"

It was stuck !

She had done all the work. She had already built me up to be 'the hypnotist' and already imagined how she might respond to a hypnotist suggestion. The speed of the suggestion interrupting her thought patterns combined with my cold, factual, 'this is perfectly normal' manner was all it needed.

I could easily have moved into a full hypnosis trance at this point.

So, yes, you can hypnotise a stranger without any introductions, or pre-induction chat.
But only if they already believe that you are 'the hypnotist.'
Johannes L.
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
692 Posts

Profile of Johannes L.
Greet, "hello I am a hypnotist" followed by handshake induction.

Really, guerilla hypnosis rarely works and should not be used IMO.

- John.
The Rain Man Glimpse

Effect: The mentalist memorize any kind of information in less than a second. $5
Robosapiens
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Robosapiens
I don't know if this was what you were asking, Cold walk up on a hesitant subject.
He initially did not want to be hypnotized, and was resistant to hypnosis. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rXOHhR9odQ
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
942 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
Shock inductions should only be used in emergency situations and then only by those with a lot of experience.
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Is this something you were taught and just accepted, or do you believe there are very good reasons for it?

Quote:
On Mar 2, 2014, MRSharpe wrote:
Shock inductions should only be used in emergency situations and then only by those with a lot of experience.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Anything expressed that dogmatically is something he has put no thought into, Reg. Reasoned views generally have nuances.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19854 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
What exactly constitutes an "emergency situation" with hypnosis?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
RileyG
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
833 Posts

Profile of RileyG
RIP - DMKraig
Signed,
Riley G Matthews Jr
SAG-AFTRA actor
Www.RileyG.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Can you? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL