The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Clone, Split or Super Coin, which one? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I've recently become interested in Mark Bendell's routine "Bag 4 Life" found on his DVD "Unknown". With this specific routine in mind, I need to make a decision pertaining to which coin I'll purchase. Apparently I have 3 choices to choose from, Clone, Split or Super Coin.

My forte is Close-up Strolling Magic. My preferred venues are restaurants & bars, etc. I'm currently performing in 3 restaurants/bars weekly. Most of the time I'm performing elbow to elbow with the patrons.

With the above in mind, my main concern is the close proxmitity in which I perform and how convincing the Clone, Split or Super Coin is and which is best for my particular needs.

Would like to hear from anyone who is performing Bag 4 Life on a regular basis in the real world and what your opinion is on which one can withstand the closest of scrutiny.

Thanks to everyone for reading this and possibly responding.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I prefer the super coin myself.
Very well made.Great self centering also.
Todd
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Bowers,

I believe I read somewhere that the Super Coin when together was thicker than a regular coin. Is this true? And have you performed Bag 4 Live utilizing a Super Coin?
Bobby Puga
View Profile
Loyal user
El Centro, CA
201 Posts

Profile of Bobby Puga
I was in the same situation, trying to find what split coin fits best for me. I ended up purchasing a split quarter from Todd Lassens commercial gaffs site.

http://toddlassen.com/commercial/

I also perform bag 4 life and Lassens split works perfect for the effect. There is no teflon on Todds splits, but teflon is not even needed for bag 4 life, not for me anyway. I don't have a clicking nose while performing the effect. Teflon will also make the split coin look thicker. All in all I am very happy with Lassens split coin and very happy with the price as well...

Hope this helps,

Bobby
Customized greatly...
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
The plastic bag acts like Teflon so no Teflon needed for Bag4Life.
I have not seen each of the coins you mentioned side by side for direct comparison, but I would be surprised if any of them made a noticeable difference to the specs.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
The super coin looks like a normal coin to me.
I can't notice any extra thickness myself.
Todd
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
This has actually been discussed SEVERAL times on the Café. Maybe do a Search to help?

BTW, yes, Kennedy's Super Coin looks like a regular coin and has a STRONGER, er, force (no exposure here!) than the others.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea And I am steal Waiting For John To put out that 3 DVD set I did Of super coin Routines! Smile And some of my routines in the glass Need the Stronger, Er, Force! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
David,

I gather your recommendation is John Kennedy's Super Coin. Which works better for your routines, a quarter or half Super Coin?
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
As I am using half's all the time ! Smile I would say half's !

And if you talk To John Ask him when My 3 DVD set With 45 routines Is coming out! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
I prefer the split coin over the Super Coin for this effect because it's thinner ( more the thickness of an actual quarter or half) and also because I find that the Super Coin grabs the bag a little too strongly for this particular effect. With the split coin, it seems to melt right through the bag. Having said that, I have more than one split coin, and some are stronger than others. And finally, I like to use a very shiny U.S. Penny and a split coin that's not so shiny because the illusion seems to be a little more enhanced.
Bobby Puga
View Profile
Loyal user
El Centro, CA
201 Posts

Profile of Bobby Puga
With my Lassen split, I actually drop the gaff into the specs hand (coin thru hand). No one ever see's the "split", it's very hard to notice. The thickness is the same as a real quater as well. I haven't seen any of the other gaffs listed, but I am very happy with my Lassen split quarter. The magnet is very strong as well...
Customized greatly...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Clone, Split or Super Coin, which one? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL