The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » To bail or not to bail. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
A short clip of my mates Byron Bertram who apparently bailed a show and Owen Lean who worked it.
It made me laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl......N3-uVJdA
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
????? I guess that I'm too old to understand!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
What you don't get it, it's a joke. That crowd was massive of cause Byron worked it! Must be my British humor. Lol
augiemagic
View Profile
Regular user
Overland Park, KS
162 Posts

Profile of augiemagic
I like it. I've seen a few performers bail on perfectly good crowds. They may have had their reasons, but it seems to reflect poorly on street performers in general.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
It all depends on the performer, mate.
You can bail gracefully, ie you can do it in way that your audeiance does not know. Or you wrap after you finish an effect stating thank you audeiance for watching so far this is my free gift to you have a great day. Or words to that end. I have seen it done in anger that does reflect badly on them self's or street performers.
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
GREAT JOKE!!!
devilstick peat
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of devilstick peat
I got the joke, but then I'm also british (I just thank god I'm not welsh)
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
That was funny thank's for sharing. There's nothing wrong with firing a crowd. But the people that get fired are sometimes the ones who cared and wanted to watch your show. Where as the ones who contributed to an ill moment walked off and are long gone...
Bodgit
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Bodgit
Haha....fantastic.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Ohhhhh, WELSH, I could understand!!! (Trevor Lewis "taught" me about "Welsh" in Jay Marshall's kitchen about 35+ years ago!!!)

I've come close to "bailing" in a couple of high school assembly programs (back in Vietnam War days).

I broke in with magic and fire eating in a carnival side show in the '40s. After "surviving" a few of those tips (crowds) on Saturday "tear down nights", a fella could face "anything"!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » To bail or not to bail. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL