The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Illusion that's given you the most pleasure to perform (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
sammagic
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of sammagic
With all the illusions available these days, some costing thousands, what is the illusion that has given you the most pleasure to perform and why?

Mine just happened, cost nothing and probably the best reaction I have ever had. I'll tell it as it happened in a bit of a story fashion.

I was recently the best man at the wedding of a long term friend.
The bride asked me a few hours before the wedding if I could do something to surprise the groom to be.
I didn't want to ruin the wedding part, but spent all afternoon thinking what I could do.
Idea came into my head!
Panic time trying to find some big boxes or cardboard.
Botched together with the help of the wedding venue a Paul Osborne type Arabian tent that I remembered from years ago with some cardboard and tape.
First dance time came.
Me being bestamn told the groom to wait by dance floor for his bride for 1st dance.
I made excuse to him that I had to clear cardboard from dance floor that had been left there before bride came in.
Put together cardboard as if I was tidying up showing groom and guests my disgust at empty cardboard being left on dance floor.
1st dance music started as I left dance floor.
Groom looking lost!!
Bride bursts out of pile of cardboard.

And the place went totally mad.

It is probably one of the best reactions I have ever had whilst performing, and had people coming up to me all night saying that it was one of the best things they had seen in a wedding.

Cost me nothing and funniest bit was wedding guests looking at the cardboard pieces all night wondering how it was done!
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
The one that has provided the most pleasure would half to be, "Through a one inch hole." Smile
TheMagicalMan
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of TheMagicalMan
For me ot would be to disappear on top of a table/wide scaffold and reappear walking in the audience from the back of the theater in 1 second (I remember as a kid, I always dreamt of doing this after watching that illusion from the prestige Smile Smile ).
wizmaster
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of wizmaster
My favourite so far is Tom Palmers "Dramatique" illusion... A guillotine you have to break out of in less than 10 seconds before the blade falls... 10, 9, 8, 7.... Something goes wrong... The blade falls... Look it up in Tops Treasury of Illusions... I always have a blast performing it...
AllAboutMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
California
333 Posts

Profile of AllAboutMagic
Quote:
On 2013-09-05 00:16, w_s_anderson wrote:
The one that has provided the most pleasure would half to be, "Through a one inch hole." Smile

Ahhhhhhh, I see what you did there. Very clever. I hear you are at the Castle this fall, I hope to catch you!

As far as illusions which have provided me the most pleasure would have to be the inverse of the classic tubed out illusion, "Tubed In." On occasion I have been known to perform "Backdoor with the magician" which usually goes over better with my audience than it does with me. Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On 2013-09-04 21:53, sammagic wrote:
With all the illusions available these days, some costing thousands, what is the illusion that has given you the most pleasure to perform and why?

Mine just happened, cost nothing and probably the best reaction I have ever had. I'll tell it as it happened in a bit of a story fashion.

I was recently the best man at the wedding of a long term friend.
The bride asked me a few hours before the wedding if I could do something to surprise the groom to be.
I didn't want to ruin the wedding part, but spent all afternoon thinking what I could do.
Idea came into my head!
Panic time trying to find some big boxes or cardboard.
Botched together with the help of the wedding venue a Paul Osborne type Arabian tent that I remembered from years ago with some cardboard and tape.
First dance time came.
Me being bestamn told the groom to wait by dance floor for his bride for 1st dance.
I made excuse to him that I had to clear cardboard from dance floor that had been left there before bride came in.
Put together cardboard as if I was tidying up showing groom and guests my disgust at empty cardboard being left on dance floor.
1st dance music started as I left dance floor.
Groom looking lost!!
Bride bursts out of pile of cardboard.

And the place went totally mad.

It is probably one of the best reactions I have ever had whilst performing, and had people coming up to me all night saying that it was one of the best things they had seen in a wedding.

Cost me nothing and funniest bit was wedding guests looking at the cardboard pieces all night wondering how it was done!

Put the video up on youtube, it may go viral.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Why, AllAboutMagic, you saucy little minx, you. Smile
Let's not forget "Where Do the D*cks Go?", shall we?
It's all in the reflexes.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Sword Box, anyone?
Things That Go Bump In The Night?
AllAboutMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
California
333 Posts

Profile of AllAboutMagic
Quote:
On 2013-09-05 17:22, Illucifer wrote:
Why, AllAboutMagic, you saucy little minx, you. Smile
Let's not forget "Where Do the D*cks Go?", shall we?

Thank you gentleman from the Simpson's, though I think you are misplacing credit.....this thread was put on it's current track before my post. Smile

Ya hear that WS.....your a saucy little minx....lol
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Indeed, it was initiated by WS, but 'twas you who so scandalously raised the bar. Smile
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1137 Posts

Profile of Eldon
I would have to say "The Dekolta Chair". I have a really great routine for it.
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1137 Posts

Profile of Eldon
I would have to say "The Dekolta Chair". I have a really great routine for it.
Wimpy
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Wimpy
Quote:
On 2013-09-05 00:16, w_s_anderson wrote:

Mine too! I just did it last night...twice.
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
LOL.....nice work Wimpy!!!

Not to be outdone by a lady.....I must say I greatly enjoy my performance of the Pole Levitation. I'm sure you would to AAM, maybe we will catch up at the castle.....LOL
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1137 Posts

Profile of Eldon
Off the subject but, AAM did you lose your domain name? I noticed it is for sale.
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1137 Posts

Profile of Eldon
Off the subject but, AAM did you lose your domain name? I noticed it is for sale.
sly2272
View Profile
Loyal user
256 Posts

Profile of sly2272
Op Art.
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
743 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
Double Levitation, Eclipse and Vortex right now.

They are new to me right now and they all really bring the house down..

TR
www.taylorreed.com
www.usedmagicillusions.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
See: The Magic and Comedy of Taylor Reed, Live in Branson, Mo
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
My favorite "illusion" was a simple effect, added to the show at the last minute. During a Kuma Tubes routine, I produced lots of silks, umbrellas, rice, etc., ending with six-foot P&A tie-dyed and butterfly silks. At the last minute, I decided to get my five-year-old daughter to hide behind my table during the routine, and step out unseen behind the butterfly, holding up a "Thank You" banner. When we pulled the silk away, there she was! It wasn't a big deal, but the crowd went nuts, proving that the fanciest prop or routine isn't always the most effective.

It might be the only routine I have ever performed where there was an audible gasp from the audience.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
FedericoFitzko
View Profile
New user
Bergamo, Italy
21 Posts

Profile of FedericoFitzko
Quote:
On 2013-09-06 10:20, Eldon wrote:
I would have to say "The Dekolta Chair".

I'll say that too. I always have incredible reactions when performing that.
Another illusion that I like to perform is tri section illusion. It's not for the reactions but because I really like performing that effect
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Illusion that's given you the most pleasure to perform (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL