The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Are there any mentalism magazines out there? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I've got a book test that I've been using, however its very specific - and I'm not sure if I'll continue to use it regularly enough, as it was just a happy accident, rather than something I deliberately set out to create...

so I thought I'd submit it to a magazine, and see if they thought it worthwhile to publish...

I know there's some generic magic magazines out there, but didn't know if there was one purely for mentalism?
I've asked to be banned
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
All I Read Was Corinda And Now I Have
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
Not anymore chief. There has been a few in the past but they have all been discontinued.

I believe the PEA still have a magazine for members but I am not part of that group so I cannot say for sure.

Why not start one up? With your background I'm sure you could pull it off.

Cheers

Art
THE MAN WHO CONTROLS THE ELEMENTS!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Yeah, maybe mate...shame lulu.com don't do their magazine format anymore...

maybe a blog type affair each month...i'll think some more on it...i could even add a "how to best use the Café" section and bullet point the do's and don'ts on using this section...
I've asked to be banned
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
All I Read Was Corinda And Now I Have
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
The company I work for has a magazine template I could send you if you wanted.

All you'd have to do was ensure the company logo was replaced with something else

Cheers

Art
THE MAN WHO CONTROLS THE ELEMENTS!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Nah its ok ta...have already started dabbling in wordpress! cheers though...
I've asked to be banned
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2084 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi IAIN,

What about Jheff's "Journal of the Mind" at Market Place of the Mind? Here's the link: http://www.marketplaceofthemind.com/journalofthemind.html

Regards, Steve
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1742 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Steve and Iain:

Jheff published his electronic Journal quarterly for five years, but I believe that he is no longer publishing it.

George
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1537 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
I would love a mentalism magazine. I'd even be happy to contribute content if there was a desire for it. If you need any help Iain don't hesitate to ask.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1345 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Iain, in MAGIC magazine, Ian Rowland (no relation to you Smile) has a monthly column called "Loving Mentalism" which was normally just his own work, but several months ago he put out a call for outside submissions and has been publishing routines from other contributors since then. That would be an excellent place to publish it.

Seth
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Are there any mentalism magazines out there? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL