The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Any news about Michael Ammar? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
gregkoren
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of gregkoren
Several days ago I bought a download from Michael Ammar's website. I received a confirmation email in which I was informed that the download link would be sent right away. That didn't happen. I sent an email asking after it. No reply. I tried calling but was unable to leave a message as Mr. Ammar's message system was "full." I sent another email but, still, no reply.

I'm wondering if Mr. Ammar is okay. Does anyone have any news?
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
907 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
Greg, did you ever eventually hear from Michael?
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
Arsenal
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
77 Posts

Profile of Arsenal
Or I guess he might be away. He recently set up a new website (since July), and you can see his Lectures Events at the lower left corner.
http://www.michaelammar.com/
gregkoren
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of gregkoren
PaulPacific: No, never heard. Smile

Arsenal: Thanks. I figure he's busy, but still, I think I'm out the money I spent.
magicusb
View Profile
Inner circle
1135 Posts

Profile of magicusb
Mike has always been a stand up guy and I am sure everything will work out. Give it time. You will probably be surprised.
Dick Brookz and Dorothy Dietrich
Check out http://HoudiniOpoly.com

Houdini Museum Tour & Magic Show.
Only building in the world dedicated to Houdini.
http://Houdini.org
http://HoudiniDisplays.com
http://PsychicTheater.com
Scranton, Pa (570) 342-5555
"The truth shall make you free, but first it will make you angry." -Robert Ingersoll-Atheist (on the mind of Houdini when he died.)

We are thrilled we were able to bring The Grim Game to the world! Thanks TCM.
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
A stand up guy doesn't take someone's money and then not deliver the goods with absolutely no communication to the customer. Ammar or not, not a good way to run a business. Iike Ammar, I think he is very talented, but business is business. Depending how you paid I would be seeking to retrieve a refund from your credit card company, or PayPal.

I wouldn't give it more time, otherwise it will be too late. Bottom line is that Ammar has failed to live up to his part of the deal. We shouldn't have to give the seller any slack. Business is business. What if I paid Ammar to perform a gig and Ammar doesn't show? Should I give him slack for being unprofessional? Same goes with any business transaction. It's not personal, it's how business should operate.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
He is indeed a stand up guy and has been doing this for a very long time. It's not like he has a history of this sort of thing. Yes, something has obviously fallen through the cracks here but honest mistakes happen. Let's not turn everything into a witch hunt...he's human, just like everyone else. He'll also make good on his word.

Greg, try contacting Jeff Kaylor. He may be able to put you in touch with Michael.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Peter Cuddihy
View Profile
Veteran user
Peter S. Cuddihy
369 Posts

Profile of Peter Cuddihy
Greg,

Since you began this post with your inquiry, please let us all know how the issue is resolved in the end.

Ultimately, it will be resolved.

Thanks and good luck!

Peter Cuddihy
Jay Jennings
View Profile
Veteran user
Scottsdale, AZ
331 Posts

Profile of Jay Jennings
I'm continually baffled why people who sell stuff online manually send out download links. Really? It's not rocket science anymore. And even if it's rocket-science to *you*, you can hire someone for about $5 to set it up.

And someone of the stature of Ammar manually sending out download links? He really doesn't have anything better to do with his time?

Like I said, I don't get it.

Jay
Mystery arts articles and thoughts: https://ExclusiveMagic.com
Free video crash course for numerology readings: https://LoShuNumerology.com
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
According to some FB posts, I think he's in Malasia right now...
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Ignoring his business and leaving it unattended so customers are left in the dark is not a classy thing to do, nor is it a stand up thing to do, no matter how stand up of a guy you think he is.

Seperate personal from business. Apparently Ammar did.p
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Have you tried to call him? His number is listed on his website.

(407)876-4247
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
This bothers me. I have admired Michael since the late 70's. Another performer I used to admire was Rudy Coby. You KNOW how that fiasco stands...then, I hear The Sorcery has unhappy customers. The one that really hurt...and I mean cored me to the bone was Hank Lee.

I will NEVER pre-order. Also I only deal with people I know. Chuck Leach, Meir Yedid, L&L, Penguin Magic...and have been treated like ROYALTY! Mistakes happen though. Let's give it time. The man is busy. And, sh*t does happen!

Doug
gregkoren
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of gregkoren
Thanks, all, for your comments. As of today, I've not heard from Mr. Ammar, despite emails and a phone call. Curious.

Andrew, I'll reach out to Jeff and see what happens. Smile
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-09-19 12:51, Andrew Zuber wrote:
He is indeed a stand up guy and has been doing this for a very long time. It's not like he has a history of this sort of thing. Yes, something has obviously fallen through the cracks here but honest mistakes happen. Let's not turn everything into a witch hunt...he's human, just like everyone else. He'll also make good on his word.

Greg, try contacting Jeff Kaylor. He may be able to put you in touch with Michael.

:applause: Smile Smile
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2013-09-21 22:43, gregkoren wrote:
As of today, I've not heard from Mr. Ammar, despite emails and a phone call.

:applause: Smile Smile Smile Smile
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

A friend of mine is currently in Hot Springs with Michael. I am in the process of trying to get hold of both of them so Michael can contact the original poster about his purchase. Stay tuned…
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
I would seek a refund from Paypay if you used paypal. Once Mike ever gets around to getting in touch with you, you can re-order. Maybe after all your troubles Mike will give it to you for free. First step is to report it to whatever method you used to pay with. You have to think about protecting your interrest, not Mike's reputation.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Unfortunately, I was unable to make contact with Michael while he was in Hot Springs. Mike is a great guy, and I'm certain that this just fell through the cracks during his tour. I would follow Danny's advice and contact PayPal for a refund and then reorder when Mike gets back with you.
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Sometimes opening a dispute claim with Paypal is all it takes. I had to do this once. The vendor was very responsive and apparently my inquiry had hit his spam filter. He took care of it within minutes of getting the Paypal notice.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Any news about Michael Ammar? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL