We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Discovey Of Witchcraft (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jesse K
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
133 Posts

Profile of Jesse K
Hi!

Just bought a copy of this great book and I've read few chapters already. Just wanted to ask how much this book has influenced you as a bizarre magician? How important you consider it as one of the earliest book in magic practicing? General thoughts of this book also would be nice.

- Jesse K
Heart full of Rock 'n' Roll and Magic.

https://www.facebook.com/jesse.kervinen.1
Azoth
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Azoth
First of all, it's a theological book, where illusionism plays a little role.
scot wasn't a scientist, but a religious person

Something funny : the magician who taught Scot is John Cautares, a french artist...

It's a decisive book to approach the magical stage of Renaissance.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2649 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
I don't consider it as much a book on magic practicing as much as it is a book on magic exposure, more specifically the exposure of charlatans.

I also consider it a book way ahead of its time. In book IV Chapter 11 it exposes "the incubus" as "a bodilie disease" or, as we in the 21st Century would call it "sleep paralysis," a condition which many people still misinterpret- either as demonic possession or alien abduction.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4190 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
For me it was always about those woodcut illustrations. I do love them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Discovey Of Witchcraft (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL