The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Wow - Busking in the pouring rain (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Luke Sherratt
View Profile
Loyal user
The Isle Of Wight, England
246 Posts

Profile of Luke Sherratt
Hi, I was in London the other day and I got quite a shock. I saw a street magician busking in the pouring rain with about 50 people around him all soaking wet, but they were having so much fun they were laughing and playing along. Everything was wet, the magician's cards were ruined but that was OK though. I think anyone who can keep an audience in that type of weather is an asset to magic. It was a real pleasure to behold.

Regards,
Luke Smile
We're 106 miles from Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I just worked a few days in cold, windy, rainy weather, and I will definitely say that anyone who can hold a crowd of 50 in the rain is a real magician!!!

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
whitelephant
View Profile
New user
Jerusalem
97 Posts

Profile of whitelephant
I agree 50 tips in the rain is magic but doesn't it ALWAYS rain in England?
drink water...
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Yes.
vernon
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
559 Posts

Profile of vernon
Who was it? The magician...entertainer...Did he have a name?

Cool stuff being able to hold folks in the cold. Puts us to shame. What stuff did he do?

Vernon
DanielGreenWolf
View Profile
Veteran user
Waterbury, CT
363 Posts

Profile of DanielGreenWolf
A lot of us Renaissance Performers have worked in the rain and know how tough it is. we make part of our livings on tips sometimes and Ren faires go, rain or shine, and you'll almost always have people. I performed 5 full stage shows a day in the rain. But I use props that don't get destroyed under such conditions so that helped.

Good job to that mage for his wet work!

May you never win "The Lottery,"
Daniel GreenWolf
-Much love,
Daniel GreenWolf
Celtic Magician

www.GreenWolfMagic.com
Luke Sherratt
View Profile
Loyal user
The Isle Of Wight, England
246 Posts

Profile of Luke Sherratt
His name was Pete Wardell he was fantastic he was craking jokes and everone was luaghing and having fun. I had seen him before he is all ways on the London Embankment but he works most in the summer so when I saw him in the rain it was a surprise. He did normall street stuff a few really good card tricks some great coin stuff and of course cups & Balls his c&b routine was great it was so funny my sides where hurting he was so funny. Anybody going to london or anybody who lives in London should go down the embankment he is bound to be there he is normally with a swedish guy who is just as good with the magic just not as good with the gags CHECK THEM OUT!!

Regards,

Luke Smile PS Just to reinforce my post he is a two time International Close Up Winner
We're 106 miles from Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses
vernon
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
559 Posts

Profile of vernon
Cheers for the info Luke. Anyone that can pull and hold a crowd in the rain is the closest thing to a magician, entertainer, or whatever there is.
I gather hes doing Trade Shows also...check out his site http://www.peterwardell.co.uk
Hes listed on Gazzos and Gary Animals site http://www.magicpitch.com
Much Respect
Vernon
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The last show I did at the Texas Renaissance Festival was a rain show. One of the local television stations was there to film the show. I even did my levitation of a volunteer from the audience in the rain.

It was a bittersweet moment, but I was very pleased that I had a crowd that came to see me off.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Check out the contact page on Peter's site/
Pretty quick witted I'd say.

1 a : saucily free and forward : flippantly cocky and assured b : being trim and chic : JAUNTY <a pert little hat> c : piquantly stimulating <is a pert notion>
2 : LIVELY, VIVACIOUS
does describe alot of street performers
gary a
View Profile
New user
england
7 Posts

Profile of gary a
Hi people,
Peter Wardell is listed on our site magicpitch.com and we will be doing some of his stuff later in the year. Pete and I are old mates and have worked the street together in Europe,NZ etc. His silk routine is great and technical skill is far better than mine. He use the Babe size cup, Animal pouch and has a loverly table made from maple. I made it for me but was to weedy to carry the *** thing. Hopefully he will do a DVD one day and we will sell it.
Happy new year
Gary Animal

Click here to view attached image.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Wow - Busking in the pouring rain (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL