The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » THE GREAT DAYTON SHOW? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JBurkheiser
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of JBurkheiser
I recently ran across an old poster reprint of "The great Dayton Show" Phillips Climation Succesor to the The Great Dayton Show. I was blown away and immediately started searching for history on this show. Being from dayton myself I was mystified that our city actually had its own large show. But I ran into a road block. Apparently there is absolutely no information anywhere about this. Do any of you have any information on the history of this? Thanks!
Motley Mage
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Motley Mage
I love a research challenge. Other than a print of the poster on Amazon (and on etsy), I find no ready reference either; the Amazon poster has a tiny notation of mysticmedia.com, a dead/nonexistent domain. I will look further when I have some free time. (Based on other similar posters, though, I wouold suggest Dayton is the name of the magician, not a reference to your hometown; oddly, I don't readily find any info on the Great Dayton either, though.)
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7350 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I wonder if this is Ron Dayton who wrote some books sold by Mickey Hades?
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
Is this the stock magic poster that a person would add their name too? I think I had these when I was in the hunt.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
Motley Mage
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Motley Mage
Kevin, I think you are on the right track; I saw at least one example (and the title on this page implies the same) where a sticker would be added so the poster reads "INSERT NAME HERE, Successor To" The Great Dayton etc.

Here's a link to the poster:

http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Phllips-Cl......449_.htm
Motley Mage
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Motley Mage
Kevin, I think you are on the right track; I saw at least one example (and the title on this page implies the same) where a sticker would be added so the poster reads "INSERT NAME HERE, Successor To" The Great Dayton etc.

Here's a link to the poster:

http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Phllips-Cl......449_.htm
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8359 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
The ad in Motley's link states that it is a reproduction. I agree that the original poster was a stock poster., that could be 'TAILED' with "your name".

Although, I do not recall seeing this particular stock poster before.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » THE GREAT DAYTON SHOW? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL