The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin roll (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jesse K
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
133 Posts

Profile of Jesse K
Hi!

I'm not working with coins, but have to admit that this is the best coin roll I've seen so far.
Just wanted to share it with you guys. Tamariz also gives tips to do it, if you understand spanish.
Heart full of Rock 'n' Roll and Magic.

https://www.facebook.com/jesse.kervinen.1
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Is there a link?
Jesse K
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
133 Posts

Profile of Jesse K

Jesse K
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
133 Posts

Profile of Jesse K
I seemly forgot the link...

Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Kuinka Semena!

That was well worth a look! Thank you!

I certainly appreciate Tamariz's artistry! --But, I was doing that as good or better when I was 18 (I'm now 81--and slowing down!)I learned from C. THOMAS MAGRUM.

I eventually was able to do it consistently with FOUR COINS SIMULTANEOUSLY. --I.E. fOUR COINS "followed" each other--one at a time. Jon Racherbaumer, et al, can attest to this.

I taught Johnny Ace Palmer how to do it many years ago.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
4 coins. I'm just thrilled that I mastered one coin. Drove my wife nuts with the falling coin. I don't think our marriage can stand another coin. Smile
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hey 'jc"...

Right! it did take "awhile"!!!

I was "motivated/inspired" by Walter Gibson! (remember? --he wrote "THE SHADOW").

As a teen, I picked up a paperback "Shadow Annual" (I think that was the title). It had a half dozen SHADOW stories. One was about a magicians' "club" (murder mystery) and one of the characters was a "coin man" and, in the story, he is doing the coin roll with FOUR COINS! So, being a precocious kid, I thought that,if he can do it, so can I!

Yes! I did drop a "few" coins while acquiring the ability!!! I do not have and VHS or DVD of it ("they" didn't exist in "them' days!) --And in later years, being busy on the road, and not having a video camera, I just never got to it.

I showed it to a lot of guys, including a VERY YOUNG JOHNNY ACE PALMER, in the '80s--we were at a "gathering" with KEN KLOSTERMAN in Ohio. He had the chutzpah to ask me to show him the technique (really nothing that technical) I did. He phoned me some months later to say: "I can do it!"

I do remember doing it at one of Jon Racherbaumer's "SOIREES" in New Orleans, a few years ago. I've developed a bit of arthritis and, now retired, there "aint" nobody to show off for! I may spend a bit of time, this winter, working on it.

PS... Back then, (I was trying to be "swayve & deboner" when I was 20!)I also did the FIVE COIN STAR with both hands simultaneously! (learned from C. Thomas MAGRUM in 1950).

In those adolescent years, I did the Misers Dream using the DOWNS p**m with both hands, also! --I've "matured" (?) a bit since then, and now just use a finger p**m!!!

BOBO and I were pals! I do have a bit in the second edition of "the book". (It fooled JOHN MULHOLLAND!!! --John exclaimed: "Do that again!!!"

So, there is no big "secret". Just "do it"!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Great to hear from you here DIck, always enjoy the vast history you present. Smile That's about what the "real deal" is all about. Smile

Have a great day everybody. Smile

-Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
IMHO, four can be fun, on the same hand, but looks more artistic, two and two...using 2 hands.

Mr. T.(of magic) is a great artist and connects well with his work/art.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Du hast recht, Harris~ (Mein Deutsch spelling is not my major talent!!!)

I just considered the four coin roll as a challenge, It WAS fun to show off for some of the magicians, though!

Yes, I consider the honorable Mr. Tamariz to be a great talent and learned magician.

Best wishes...........O
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Danke,

I too have taken up the challenge and "mastered" it years ago.

My CDO, (ocd alphabetized) leads me to learn things like the muscle pass with a nickel, or a palm to palm one handed change with a penny and dime.(USA small coins)

Sometimes I think I am a bit cheeky when I use a side still instead of a simpler control in cards...

Showing off....yes I still have a bit of an ego.

"let go of your "EGGO", said Nigel the puppet that rocks and talks.
Harris
still to old to know it all
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
Thank you for that vid! I actually improved my coin roll in just a few minutes after watching the technique.
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
Thank you for that vid! I actually improved my coin roll in just a few minutes after watching the technique.
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
378 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
Tamariz is the best xD

I like to play with coin rolls Smile
here is my reggae roll xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUzti751......a_player
--------Magician and director at NONTRICKS.COM--------
ManhTai741
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of ManhTai741
It is a great video!

Do you guys know why in asia, whenever I perform the coin roll, people always ask me if I can make the coin "go back and forth" on the finger instead of this "full cycle" style?
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
378 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
Tamariz is the best xD

I like to play with coin rolls Smile
here is my reggae roll xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUzti751......a_player
--------Magician and director at NONTRICKS.COM--------
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin roll (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL