The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » "Pondering America" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwByIPhQVhE&sns=em

All the way from the early 60's, Peter Cook, Dudley Moore, Alan Bennett and Jonathan Miller ponder America.

Whilst the Café ponders how New Yorkers view the USA, and how the USA views New Yorkers, this still rings true over here.

I hope you all enjoy it.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I gave it the old college try my friend. I listened to the whole thing. But I gotta tell ya, my 66-year old ears couldn't decipher the Queens English as spoken in this clip. I heard lotsa' words like republicans, democrats, conservatives, liberals, big breasts, New York, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and the like, but not being knowledgeable of the colloquialisms of my British cousins, much of the comedy was lost on me and I couldn't connect the dots. But it sounds like it was funny to you guys!

And don't feel bad, most Americans from Mississippi can't understand a word of Noo Yawkas or Bahstonians and vice versa. See how corrupted your colonials have become! Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Aw, thanks for trying, Bob. Smile
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Tomksi-

I love those guys! Remember the Goon Shows from the early sixties with Sellers and Spike Milligan?

Thanks for posting that!
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
My pleasure. Smile
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Ah, mastermindreader ... the Goon Shows! Used to listen to them on our shortwave radio in South Africa in the early 60's. "You naughty man!" Fabulous memories.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » "Pondering America" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL