The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Doug Henning and coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
792 Posts

Profile of tedski
Has anyone seen much of his work with coins.
I recently rented a video of illusionists, and it gives a peek of Henning doing two coin effects.

The one that has me bugged is a complete vanish from his hand. He clearly places the coin in the left hand and removes his right hand. You see him close his left fist with the coin and turn palm down. He then rotates the hand palm up and the coin is gone, fingers spread wide apart. I can't fathom where he made the ditch - he is wearing his trademark longsleeve tee shirt, so it eliminates sl*****g, no heal clip steal.

If anyone is familiar with this vanish, I'd love to hear your theories in post, or p.m.

Thanks again
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
John Cornelius Vanishing Nickel is marketed item and is also on Mike Ammars Classic rentidion serie.
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
That would be correct! It is indeed John's "Fickle Nickle", a great gaffed method for an impossibly clean-looking, single coin, one-handed vanish. It does have some restrictions that preclude its' use in certain situations, so be careful if you decide to purchase.

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Paul is right. Doug Henning opened one of his network specials with Fickle Nickle. It's available from http://www.johncornelius.com/

John Carney has a version which uses a half dollar rather than a nickle and it's ungaffed! It looks just as good as the faked version but you have to be John Carney to do it.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I loved Doug Henning's use of a feather for "Cigarette Through Quarter." I don't know if it's original to him, but I think it's brilliant as it's the most visual version of the effect I've ever seen and it solved the problem I had with the "too perfect theory" in action when performing this effect. I use it professionally today.

Regards, Larry D.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
He used Cornelius' Fickel Nickel to open His FIRST network TV show I believe. It can be found in the book: The Award Winning Magic Of John Cornelius available thru L+L publishing. The book shows you how to construct it and is available at http://www.llpub.com/
Also, I don't know where you can actually buy the effect but I know you can.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Doug Henning and coins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL