The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » A Lesson in Perspective (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ramin
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of Ramin
I thought the routine had some nice moments and she handled it well. I applaud her creativity. There are points in the routine, that I personally would leave out, but I think it works well for what she uses it for. It seems like a contest type routine. Those are usually filled with multiple climaxes and other flash, this has that in spades.

A routine such as this (one that uses Direction of attention) is at a disadvantage when viewed on film. You are able to watch the routine as a whole, as opposed to following the flow of action and energy. This takes away from the deceptiveness of some of the moments. I believe it would be a joy to watch in person.
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
895 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
She clearly has a decent level of respect and popularity at home. If you snoop around YouTube you can find at least 5 performance clips and what looks to be her sitting on a panel in a Russia's Got Talent type of show. I believe I also read that she is Vice-President of some association of Russian magicians. So maybe she's much stronger in person than we're giving her credit for.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Quote:
On 2013-09-18 19:48, BeThePlunk wrote:
Thank you, Lawrence. Where can one get instruction on body language?

Gerard Nierenberg How to read a person like a book
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
895 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
And thanks, yet again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » A Lesson in Perspective (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL