The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » My new demo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
That was a great demo - thanks for sharing.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
WOW. That promo was fantastic.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10632 Posts

Profile of saysold1
AWESOME!!!

I love that Phil Collins tune.

That was fun. Hey were you doing Mona Lisa at the beginning?

I agree with the idea of promoting the the stage show, especially with those superb testimonials.

Really nice - now I have to start using that beautiful white box BUT I now need an ES drum set.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
What a great promo vid! Nice one mate.

You have wonderful stage presence.

I also don't know of many others who would be willing to cart around a full drum kit for ONE reveal... Should you ever tire of loading in a drum kit...
you could swap it out for a slide whistle, and change the song to 'Groove is in the heart'. Smile

Great job!
Harris0n
View Profile
Loyal user
leeds uk
290 Posts

Profile of Harris0n
Quote:
On 2013-09-15 11:54, Art Vanderlay wrote:
Very well done Sir!

Makes me want to come see you live! Get over to Leeds UK!

Cheers
Art

Yup!
"There are times when the truth is necessary and times when myth-making is necessary." Nick Cave
Synesthesia
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of Synesthesia
Eric -- I absolutely loved the use of music in an effect. Can I assume from the array of instruments on stage that this is plays a sizeable role your show? I've been thinking a lot lately about mixing music and mentalism, and I'm curious to see more of what you do with the combination... Any other videos out there?
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2661 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Excellent promo! Gotta love those drums!
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1148 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
So good! Would love to see you perform in NY sometime!
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3089 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Just to clarify, I don't cart around a kit to every gig Smile

As I've posted here before, I look for every opportunity to do something unique when conditions allow.
In this circumstance, I was booked to perform in a beautiful recording studio that is also a live music venue.
During a site visit, the studio manager asked if it would be okay to leave the Grand piano on stage for my show.
That triggered the idea....if a piano would be perceived as 'organic' in the venue, then why not a drum set?
So, I had a kit set-up for the gig (I played drums for a living for a while when I was much younger).

But the more important point that I always ask myself, is this (and it's a chapter in the book that I've been working on this year):
what can I bring from my own life experience, including seemingly unrelated skills, to make my show more entertaining and unique?

Cheers,

e
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3089 Posts

Profile of eSamuels

As I've posted here before, I look for every opportunity to do something unique when conditions allow.
In this circumstance, I was booked to perform in a beautiful recording studio that is also a live music venue.
During a site visit, the studio manager asked if it would be okay to leave the Grand piano on stage for my show.
That triggered the idea....if a piano would be perceived as 'organic' in the venue, then why not a drum set?
So, I had a kit set-up for the gig (I played drums for a living for a while when I was much younger).

But the more important point that I always ask myself, is this (and it's a chapter in the book that I've been working on this year):
what can I bring from my own life experience, including seemingly unrelated skills, to make my show more entertaining and unique?

Cheers,

e
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Brilliant Promo----Love your style---Well done!
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5022 Posts

Profile of landmark
Great promo--the "safe word" bit was brilliant.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10632 Posts

Profile of saysold1
+++ we got a small taste of his medallion routine!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
This is why I love Eric. Fantastic job, entertaining, poised, credible. And yes, I recognized the bit from the White Box manual. Excellent promo.

Best,

Atlas
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3913 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I have to say that I really am delighted for you, Eric. I came round to watch this again. You could not have possibly done a better job. Superb.

What was the process?

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2285 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
Quote:
On 2013-09-16 15:39, eSamuels wrote:

Cheers,

e

Great demo, Eric. I loved the way the drum reveal tied into the closing of the demo. Really classy stuff.
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
CarlEJones
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, Texas
462 Posts

Profile of CarlEJones
Loved 100% of your video! Great!!
THANK YOU for helping us carry on our laughter ministry in hospitals to kids of ALL ages. Our visits are ALWAYS free. We NEED & DEEPLY appreciate your gifts of magic so that we can do what we do. Please PM me with questions or, for a faster reply, in most cases please text or call 214-578-1601

https://youtu.be/2DbAdXKIf-A
https://youtu.be/sXXXyk6LJgE
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2085 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Eric, that was wonderful. The drums are a powerful, unique reveal. Bravo!
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
As a fellow drummer (OK ex drummer) I loved the final reveal.
But I loved the whole thing.
Just a great promo.

Steve
Remarkable Marco
View Profile
Veteran user
When I grow up, I want to have
355 Posts

Profile of Remarkable Marco
Great promo!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » My new demo (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL