The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Projector and screens. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Hey Guys,

I would usually search first, but I just looked backa few pages. Technology changes by the day, so starting a new thread would only make sense. Im looking into camera, projector and screen to do a close up bit during my show.

Any reccomendations? I have dslr cameras but don't believe they would function so I may need a camera as well.

Any tips or help would be greatly appreacited.

Best,

Mike
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
Talk to Kevin from living illusions.
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Thanks for the confidence. There are a ton of variables, options and methods to do what you want. I'll share what we are currently using and what we have learned along the way. This is from using multimedia in our show from day one, starting back in 2000.

We have used most every major brand of projectors, screens and cameras. We are in various types of venues. Some we use our gear, some we use the gear already in place in the venue. We currently use two BenQ short throw projectors set up for rear projection. The short throw llows them to be only 7' away from the screen for an image that is roughly 9' high by 12' wide. We project onto a stretchable projection fabric pulled between two sticks of 10' tall 12" box truss.

We use a MacBook Pro running ProPresenter 5 from Renewed Vision. This handles our video playback, as well as audio & still images. It also switches between our video playback & our Imag(Image Magnification). Our projectors are daisy chained from one projector to another with a signal booster for the second projector.

In venues with high quality HD cameras and operators we use their equipment for Imag. They shoot & project the entire shows on the the screens. When we do a close up segment we ultimately decided on the look and feel of an iPhone running Airplay, sending that signal wirelessly to Airserver on our MacBook Pro, switching the feed in ProPresenter from playback to live video and projecting the close up trick on both screens.

Image magnification of a close up trick using an iphone, transmitting with Airplay to Airserver into ProPresenter on MacBook Pro, then to the projectors

Outside screens running video playback with ProPresenter. Center screen uses two projectors with image shift for alignment. Video running video playback from Pro Video Player with edge blending technology to make one wide image from two projectors.

Same setup as above but with outside screens running image magnification of stage, while center screen runs video playback.

Fabric screen with playback from ProPresenter.

Video control booth at a 7,000 seat venue.

I'm sure that raises as many questions as it answers. So fire away. Hope that helps.
Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Goldtoes68
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Goldtoes68
Check out this guide to projectors. It should have the information you're looking for.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Projector and screens. (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL