The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Mass Shootings Are Becoming Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
satellite23
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of satellite23
It's sick to think that mass shootings aren't even breaking the news anymore. I mean, Twitter is going crazy right now, but I haven't seen anything about it on my local news or radio stations. And nobody has posted a topic about on the Café. Mass shootings have become so routine that nobody even bothers to look at them anymore.

Sickening.

If you haven't heard about the Navy Yard shooting yet, Google it. Although you probably won't find any news articles about it.

EDIT: And yet we're still here, obsessing over trivial stuff like Miss America and Miley Cyrus, instead of focusing on the real issues. Why are people so violent now? Why is there so much hate? Why does racism exist, or war, or anything else along those lines? Is it just a coincidence, or does society have an impact on our subconcious thoughts that silently force us to commit and forgive such terrible acts?
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Really? Are you serious or trolling?

Turn on the tv, go to any news site. I see nothing BUT Navy Yard shooting stories in the headlines?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
satellite23
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of satellite23
Quote:
On 2013-09-16 20:19, balducci wrote:
Really? Are you serious or trolling?

Turn on the tv, go to any news site. I see nothing BUT Navy Yard shooting stories in the headlines?

I swear I'm telling the truth. I have not seen ANYTHING about it on TV today, although I haven't watched too much of it today. Compared to say...the Colorado theater shootings (which was being broadcast basically 24/7)...the press for this seems like nothing. I may be wrong, but that's what I've seen so far. I haven't had anybody at school mention it today, either. I didn't know about it until I got home and checked my Twitter.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
"And nobody has posted a topic about on the Café."

I thought about doing so this morning, but figured that if I did a certain person would right away try and spin my post as some sort of "liberal" thing. Didn't have the energy or desire to face that this morning.

After a while, I came to think that mods were perhaps deleting topics being started on the subject out of sensitivity or something, and so figured it was better to leave it be until things settled down a bit. Don't know if they were or not. Guess I will have my answer if this thread vanishes. Smile
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
satellite23
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of satellite23
Check that: Fox News just turned on in my living room. Talking about the shooting.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Society does indeed impact our subconscious thoughts. We are the enemy.

Lot of bad stuff in the news today for sure.

Tom
satellite23
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of satellite23
And now on Tiwtter, Drake's new album is trending more (in USA) than the Navy Yard.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
On the way to work today, every news station on satellite radio, CNN, fox, etc., was covering it live. While typing this I see that it's being covered on the news station that's on tv
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I don't think it is fair to blame us because the media did not cover it to your satisfaction.

So what amount of outrage would you find appropriate and not sickening?

I don't think people here not posting about it is sickening. That is not fair. I don't think it is appropriate for you to judge others by the inaction or not enough action for you.

Be sickened by the event. I am. All mass shootings or for that matter any shooting or act of violence against another human being sickens me. I do not think it is fair to imply the rest of us have done anything wrong.

To answer your question it all starts with judgement of others. Racism is a judgement hate is a judgement. So when we take a position like that guess what It can lead to? Maybe not being so judgemental of others is a good start. If people want to believe in God or be free not to believe no judgement. Just take and accept people as equal people because we are. Sime but NOT easy as a friend of mine is fond of saying.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
It's been on all afternoon here in my part of the east coast. Radio and TV both. And now all evening as well.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I've seen nothing BUT news about the shootings since I woke up this morning.

Wherever did you get the idea that no one was reporting on it?
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Yes, the news here in the UK has had regular live updates from DC since the start.

The only thread that would have been sensitive in my case would be something asinine, like "Thinking of the US Navy at this tragic time". I'm sure everybody doesn't need to know I wish them well.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
RIP to all the victims. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
If all this violence keeps up there may be a new Network on television "The Mass Killing Network" runs 24/7. Unfortunately, due to time restraints not all killings and massacres will be shown.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2013-09-16 23:03, irossall wrote:
If all this violence keeps up there may be a new Network on television "The Mass Killing Network" runs 24/7. Unfortunately, due to time restraints not all killings and massacres will be shown.
Iven Smile

As sad as it sounds, there are enough wars going on in the world to do that.

Those are mass killings. Times hundreds. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I'm wondering if the increase in violence we've been seeing isn't a by-product of exponential population growth?

Criminals have been around since the beginning of time. So, it seems to make sense that with growing world populations, there will be more criminals in society. Of course the degree of criminality is important too. Murderers are the most dangerous on a criminal list, generally speaking. It would make for an interesting study. I tried Googling a few things before posting this and didn't come up with much, but admittedly, I didn't spend a lot of time on it. I'm wondering if there's any studies out there considering the percentage of criminals existing in society and the percentage of those who are murderers, serial killers and other violent criminals which would provide some correaltion to population growth and increase in violent crime.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
I can only say that I have no idea what local news or radio stations the OP watches or listens to.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I'm willing to bet that there was a lot of violence going on when they were feed the Christians to the lions, but I'm only guessing that the days of gladiators, and slaves were rougher times for a guy to get by. At least back then they didn't have 30 bullet magazine fastened to semi automatic rifles.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
If you want to be disgusted by shootings that have become so commonplace that they are rarely reported on, just check out Chicago.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2013-09-16 23:46, rockwall wrote:
If you want to be disgusted by shootings that have become so commonplace that they are rarely reported on, just check out Chicago.

Hey balducci watch this.

Rockwall this is sort of not the place to put forth an agenda. It is not the time or place for partisan bickering and everyone was pretty well avoiding it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Mass Shootings Are Becoming Routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL