The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Signed Howard Thurston book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kyle Elder
View Profile
Regular user
Fresno, California
114 Posts

Profile of Kyle Elder
So I just recently came in possession of a first edition copy of "200 tricks you can do" by Howard Thurston. It was published in 1926. I'm not sure how rare this may be in fact I'm not sure how many things still are in existence that Howard himself have signed. It seems cool enough to have a first edition of a book like this but for it to be signed by Howard Thurston himself just blew my mind. It's now sitting proudly in my magic library now in a glass display case. If anyone knows anything about how rare this is or how much it may be worth. I would be interested in hearing from you. Let me know if the attached images don't work for you.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
The images don't work for me.

Do you have some sort of "Authenticity" certificate? Without that, it is worth only what the book itself is worth. For a fee (and it may be worth the price) you can have it authenticated. I have Doug Henning's autograph but because I purchased it on E-Bay with no certificate, I can only assume it is real. All my other autographs I know are real because I was there at the signing but I could never tell anyone who might want to purchase any of these signature's (which I will NEVER sell) that they are authentic unless I had some sort of proof. Fact is, for me personaly, I don't give a lot of credence to certificates either. Too easy to duplicate.

Great book though. I only have the e-book. If you ever want to sell it and the price is right, PM me. I would Love to have the real book (even if the signature is not real).
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Kyle Elder
View Profile
Regular user
Fresno, California
114 Posts

Profile of Kyle Elder
Irossall,
I'm looking into getting it authenticated.luckily, I didn't purchase it on eBay, Can't trust ebay chances of fake things being sold on eBay is really high. This one came from a private estate. I'm looking for someone to authenticate and looking forward to finding out.
David Charvet
View Profile
Special user
www.charvetmagic.com
501 Posts

Profile of David Charvet
Contact Rory Feldman, who owns the largest collection of Thurston memorabilia in the world. http://www.ThurstonMasterMagician.com. My guess would be it is authentic. There is not a big market in fake Thurston signatures - Houdini yes, Thurston - no. Good luck!
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
Try posting an image of it. My guess is the book would sell for about $200-$250.00 signed.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Signed Howard Thurston book (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL