We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Cardiographic Lighting Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheMagicalMan
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of TheMagicalMan
I have a gig coming up in about a day and I want to perform the Cardiographic illusion. I've performed it many times in auditoriums and indoor buildings where the light was normal (not to high not too low, default opera lighting, maybe even more towards low light). But I will be performing this illusion on open stage as a part of a concert, at 12 o clock pm. So it will be VERY BRIGHT, RIGGT UNDER THE SUN. The distance between me and the audience will be about 12 staircase steps and about 1 meter away after the elevation. So can I perform the cardiographic illusion at that time, without the audience noticing the gimmick ? I really want it to be invisible. I don't want anyone to notice the t***** or else I would blow away one maginificant illusion into a pathetic clear pulley. If you have experience please let me know. Thanks.
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1136 Posts

Profile of Eldon
I have used it outside a lot and have had no problems.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1390 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
I used to build these from Martin's book, and also owned one of the marketed versions. On all of mine the piece that I think you're talking about is completely concealed within the prop. Lighting wouldn't affect it at all as it's totally hidden within the workings.
It's all in the reflexes.
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1177 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Plus tearing out the page and handig it to the volunteer is a real convincer. Smile
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
I have never had an issue.

Go thru this album to see pics of me performing this...

http://christopherlyle.com/cabaret.php
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11164 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Same as Illucifer, I made all my own from the instructions in the book. There was a time when that's all you could do, if memory serves me. At this stage of the game, I cannot honestly remember if I make them identically, or if I modified anything. I don't have the book anymore and I've never even see the marketed version in person.

The secret stuff is all hidden inside except just after the card has risen. At that point though, it is still out of sight from anyone watching the trick. From the audience's view, nothing can be seen ever.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Cardiographic Lighting Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL