The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Emotional Mentalism 2 from Luca Volpe (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
It's no secret that I'm quite pally with Luca, so feel free to take this posting with whatever size pinch of salt you deem appropriate.

Emotional Mentalism was a huge success.
After reading an advance copy of Emotional Mentalism 2, there is no reason to suppose this latest offering from Luca will be any less-well received.

It carries on the premise of the first book by concentrating on making the effects meaningful to those participating and those watching.

11 effects of a quality that would grace any performance.
Great contributions from well respected people.

The focus on the affect these gems have on people is only enhanced by the simplicity of the methods involved.
Enough leeway to enable each performer to put their own stamp on things, means that each reader will be able to come up with differing ways of presenting the effects.

Another hit that I van heartily recommend.

I will post more after I putting some of these miracles into action

Steve
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Steve,
Luca also send me an advanced copy of his new book. Emotional Mentalism Vol.2

I haven't had the time to really sit down with it, but just flipping through the pages has me excited!

I really loved Luca's first Emotional Mentalism and can't wait to dig into this big book.

I will post a review as soon as I am done reading it..

Best
Ray
TJ Halford
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of TJ Halford
Lucky fellows. oh well if it is even close to the quality of the first book it will be worth the cost. Looking forward to picking up my copy.
TJ Halford

"Imagine what is Possible"
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-09-19 21:52, TJ Halford wrote:
Lucky fellows. oh well if it is even close to the quality of the first book it will be worth the cost. Looking forward to picking up my copy.

It will be Monday before I can really post a good review because I am so busy this weekend. BUT, the very FRIST routine will make up for the cost of the book! It is really good. It is called 'Psy ACAAN' and it can play as an opener for your show, a prediction, pendulum, the WHOLE audience is involved with this routine.

Ray
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I haven't had a chance to really study this book -- but it's loaded with the kind of material you'd expect from Luca: audience tested stuff that really plays in the "real world." I like very much the built in "hooks" that an emotional connection adds to an effect.

Luca's work is wonderful -- as are the contributions from people like Neal Scryer, Pete Turner, Bill Cushman, Todd Landman, Jerome Finley and yours truly.

EM2 is a beautifully balanced work that will bring a tear of joy to any performing mentalist's eye.

Great work, Luca.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
I read my copy yesterday. Enjoying vacations with good Mentalism is always good.

EM2 is full of great materia that will give you new approaches of Psychic Entertainment.

Thank Luca to invite me to this new book of yours.
My favorite pieces are so far the lock and keys routine ( I will use this, interchanging it with my "Intuition Key"), what an attractive premise!

and the Dr. Bill's contribution... Wow!!!

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
eric6
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of eric6
Are the contributions new material or things already published elsewhere ?
Thanks
eric6
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of eric6
Thanks
davidmag
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of davidmag
So if I understand correctly, than there will be no soft cover version? Only hard cover and when they are gone, they are gone?
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Hi guys, thanks a lot for your kind comments.
I have to say that I am really proud of this book, and this is probably my best work so far along EM 1.
I spent a lot of time writing all the scripting and all my new 11 routines comes straight from my professional repertoire and as some of you knows, they all have been testd in hundreds of performance on cruise ships and private psychic parties.

I had the huge honor to have great contributors in this book and most of them are all routine never been published before, so thanks with all my heart to the Artists involved in the book.

The book will not be out in pdf this year, as last year I had to fight with pirates all around ( and I have catched may of them as the pdf was all coded!).
It will be a deluxe edition of only 100 books with signed and numebred bookplate with a wonderful designed cover (different from the softcover) and the first 30 orders will receive a wonderful crystal pendulums in a black velvet bag ( which is very useful for some of the routines in the book) at this time the first 8 copies have been already preordered and they will be shipped in october. The price for the deluxe edition is $125 including shipping anywhere in the world.

The book will be also in softcover which will match EM1 but with a white cover. Will be available on my page on lulu and will be distribuited to all the dealers worldwide.
The price will be $80

For any other informations please feel free to send me a pm.
Thanks again
Luca
eric6
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of eric6
Thanks
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
The routine I put in here is unpublished.

Pete x
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Mine is unpublished until now....
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
Emotional Mentalism number one is amongst my all time favourites but if the last few posts are anything to go by, this is definitely going to steal it's crown! I am really looking forward to reading this.

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-09-21 19:46, Peter_turner wrote:

Pete x

Peter, your routine has me thinking about other ways to create a happy or sad emotion in the spectator. But I can also see this idea empowering someone who is at their wits end and needs a little hope in life. I also can see a routine about friendship, trails, loss and then that magic moment that ties everything together is what I want to do with your idea.

Your idea in EM 2 can touch a person with emotions that will bring a tear to their eyes if one want to play it that way. It is in the telling (framing) of the story that so much can be done here. There is a routine in another book titled 'Garden of the Strange' that I wanted to do for years but couldn't fine what I needed. Your idea has me rethinking how to recreate this routine and give it that emotional hook that am I after.

Peter, this little idea of yours can heal hearts and lift spirits if done correctly. I can see beyond what you have offered in EM2 and will work on my own plots using your idea. I just know that this idea could be powerful and want to thank you for sharing this idea. I see the real magic in it's simplicity.

I will have a review Monday and really think that you will like what I will say.

Best
Ray
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Hello everyone,
I have a review for Luca's new book. Enjoy!

1. PSY ACAAN.
Another ACAAN!???? ….Yes, that is what we have here but this is nothing like the others that you may know. Frist this amazing bit of business starts with the performer standing center stage and asking that everyone in attendance relax. They are now asked to try and pick up on a thought that the performer is sending out to them. Of course it is a playing card. Once done, the performer writes something on a notepad and leaves it on his table along with a deck of cards. Now the audience is asked to simply think of a number between 1 and 52.

With a smile and a pendulum the performers walks out into the audience telling everyone that the pendulum will select a person. This person is brought on stage and asked for their thought of number. They open the card box and remove the cards and deals one card at a time until they reach their thought of number. Now the spectator names their card aloud before it is turn over. The card amazingly matches their thought of card. As if that wasn’t enough, the psychic goes further and picks up the notepad that just moments before, he wrote a prediction. Both the performer and helper reads what is written on the notepad and the prediction not only names the card but also the person’s named! Talk about a clean looking routine! I really like this because it would play really well. The idea of having a pendulum select a person from many who happens to correctly guess the card at their thought of number from a deck of cards that is just sitting on a table is simply mind blowing.

2. MATCHING DREAMS
This is a psychometry routine that involves people dreams that they wish to accomplish one day. It is simply and to the point. There are plenty of moments for quick readings and connecting the dream to the appropriate person.

This has the feeling of Sneak thief and A to Z all rolled into one. You couldn’t ask for a better combination to mixed

3. THE ENERGY WAVE
This is a which hand routine that involves crystals, visualization and a reading. In uses an old ploy to find which hand is holding the crystal in a way that is both entertaining for the spectator and those witnessing it. After the correct hand is located, the performer correctly names the type of crystal that was chosen and then gives a reading based upon that crystal. If you use crystals then this might be of interest to you.

4. MONEY ATTRACTS MONEY
I love this routine. It has so much going for it. It gets the whole audience involved. And it gets only better after that! It has a prediction that no one ever sees coming! It also includes a pendulum and a haunted key! This is a serial number revelation that is super charged and fast out of the gates! The audience will believe that there is no way that this could really happen unless you really did have psychic powers.

Everyone in the audience has removed folding money from their wallets or purse and is holding the bill in their hands as you tossed a balled up paper ball into the audience. This is done to choose your helper. Once on stage this person places their money into one of three envelopes and mixed them. Here is where the fun begins. The helper uses a pendulum to find the correct envelope that contains their money. There is fire and burning and we can only hope that the helper really can find their money because they are doing everything on their own! The haunted key is now used by the performer as he goes into a slight trace. As the key moves, the performer receives images, shapes, and numbers in his mind. Not only is the correct serial number of the helper’s money revealed in the performers mind, but remember that prediction that no one ever sees coming? The ending will hit the audience right between the eyes like a sledge hammer. No prisoners taken on this routine!

5. THE WHITE DOORS
This is Luca’s "emotional confabulation" routine.

It has a relaxation exercise and visualization process. This routine remains me of The White Room. This is a place where two people can meet together in their minds if they both visualize a White Room. I like the method used in this routine to reveal the information that the person from the audience thinks of. The lady from the audience gives information which later is found written inside a small gift box that has been sitting on your table. It is really fair looking and no assistant is needed unlike those $$$$$$ props that some people like to buy!!

Talk about an OLD idea from days gone by to achieve this routine! I smiled when I read the method. That Luca fellow is a sneaky guy!

6. THE CRYSTAL
Here is a routine that has two spectators on stage working together. One holds a crystal and at one point feels the power emitting from it. This is a dual reality routine that reads as if it would play really well!

In a nut shell, one spectator holds a quartz crystal and allows the energy from the crystal to flow into him. Spectator two selects an emotion from a list of 25. Then spectator two adds four other emotion to the first and say out loud the five emotions.

Spectator one listens as the five words are spoken and for the crystal to give him a sign of the correct emotion that person two has selected from the five.

A white board is given to spectator one and he writes the emotion that the crystal had given him. Spectator two tells everyone the emotion that they had chosen and it matches spectator’s one written emotion. Spectator one has become a mind reader! Or was it really the crystal telling him what emotion spectator two chose?

This looks very clean and adding a crystal to the routine adds to the mystic flavor. I like using crystals and in this routine not only is one used but it also gives a sign to the spectator of the correct emotion!

7. UNLOCK YOUR DREAMS
What can I say about this that Luca didn’t cover in his description already? This routine uses small cloth bags with one key in each. Of course only one bag has the correct key that will open a lock with a word that is written on it to represents a dream, desire or maybe an obstacle. The spectator uses a pendulum and tries to locate the correct bag. By finding the correct key and unlocking the lock can be a great metaphor that any person can relate to.

8. ASHES OF MIND
This sounds like a fun routine. Before the psychic party the host tells everyone that they need to bring a picture of themselves to the party.
A pendulum and tarot cards are used to create a very cool routine. Let’s just say that once some tarot cards are selected and incense burn, the lucky few involved with have a great souvenir to keep! This routine can play light or dark. I am already thinking of using it as a Voodoo bit and calling it The Mark! LOL
I like this because it certainly gets people wondering and excited about coming to the psychic party!

9. TAROT CHAIR TEST
There are MANY chair tests out there for you to pick from, but this one is really different. Without telling too much about it, I will say that a spectator becomes the main attraction when they are asked to determine the person with the correct envelope. Not only do they succeed but there is a prediction in plain view that tells what chair the person with the correct envelope is seated in.

The main thing that I really like about this routine is the theatrical moments that would make for a great photo! I really do mean that. If you like chair tests, then you will certainly love this!

10. AURA COLOR PREDICTION (THE HUMAN ENERGY GRID)
Here is another winner. This is psychic all throughout. If you love working with crystals then you are just going to love this. An envelope is first given to someone in the audience to hold onto. You then guide a person through some relaxation and put her into a light trace. Using a crystal wand you cleanse her Aura. Next three different color crystals are used while your back is turn. The spectator having a free choice places the crystals on the table in a row. She now starts moving the crystals around and then finally picks one up in each hand while leaving one on the table.

The envelope is open and it contains a photo of you with a crystal lying on the palm of each hand and one on the table. The color crystals in the photo are in the very same order as she has them!

There is a lot going on here to see and experience by those watching from the audience. How many people ever get to see someone put into a light trace then having their Aura cleansed with a crystal wand!? This alone will get people’s attention. This routine not only plays well on stage or platform but also RADIO! You could mail the crystals to the radio station and over the phone put someone into a light trace and then predict the outcome of the order of the crystals over the phone! Talk about a no brainer! This will get you attention over the air and possibly gigs!

11. READ MY MIND!
I am sure that many reading this has had someone say to them, “What am I thinking?’ or “Ok, Read my mind!” For most, we know exactly what to say and do.

Here is a good method in dealing with this situation and I find it fascinating. I have been using this type of method along with a couple of others over the years with great results. The main idea for ‘Read My Mind’ is taking from the work of someone else with FULL credit given to this person. If I tell you the person’s name you will have a good idea of what I am talking about!

Let’s just say that Luca has reworked this idea into his own words. And in the process given this idea a new voice in a matter of speaking. Whatever process you might go through when asked, “What am I thinking?” you can now count on this being a great way to look someone in the eyes and really read their mind!

The process that Luca has put into this really shows how something so simple can have such an impact on others.

...................................End of Review.............................................

This has been a review of Luca’s part of the book. Next comes The Contributors part of the book! I am hoping that someone else might write a review on this part. If not, I will write a review later tonight.

The main thing that I want to say about the contributors is that they don’t disappoint! I have already wrote about a routine called, ‘A moment from a memory in time’ by Peter Turner. That routine has my brain working overtime! There are a few routines in this part of the book along with the real thing. You won’t be disappointed!

Best
Ray Noble
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On 2013-09-21 19:06, eric6 wrote:
Thanks

My contribution "Palm Reading Surprise" is also given for free on my site with any purchase during September (What I called a FREE Special)

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Wow thanks Ray for your detailed review!
In the next days the first batch of deluxe edition should arrive here in the Uk and will be shipped to the first preorders!
I will make a picture of the books and free pendulums and post it here Smile
Thanks again guys for the great feedaback, I am sure this book will make a lot of people happy!
Luca
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Quote:
On 2013-09-22 15:27, Magical Dimensions wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-09-21 19:46, Peter_turner wrote:

Pete x

Peter, your routine has me thinking about other ways to create a happy or sad emotion in the spectator. But I can also see this idea empowering someone who is at their wits end and needs a little hope in life. I also can see a routine about friendship, trails, loss and then that magic moment that ties everything together is what I want to do with your idea.

Your idea in EM 2 can touch a person with emotions that will bring a tear to their eyes if one want to play it that way. It is in the telling (framing) of the story that so much can be done here. There is a routine in another book titled 'Garden of the Strange' that I wanted to do for years but couldn't fine what I needed. Your idea has me rethinking how to recreate this routine and give it that emotional hook that am I after.

Peter, this little idea of yours can heal hearts and lift spirits if done correctly. I can see beyond what you have offered in EM2 and will work on my own plots using your idea. I just know that this idea could be powerful and want to thank you for sharing this idea. I see the real magic in it's simplicity.

I will have a review Monday and really think that you will like what I will say.

Best
Ray

Hey man thanks Smile

you are a gem! I look forward to reading it!

Pete x
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
The books are arrived and they are gorgeous!!
Emotional Mentalism Deluxe Edition is ready to be shipped worldwide! Today I have received 20 of the 100 copies available and the first 8 are already preordered!
And for the first 30 orders a crystal pendulum is included!
Price 125$ included shipping!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Emotional Mentalism 2 from Luca Volpe (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL