The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Emotional Mentalism 2 from Luca Volpe (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Richard Webster
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Richard Webster
My copy arrived this morning. It's perfect timing, as I have a 12-hour flight tomorrow, and will be able to study the book properly then. I love Psy ACAAN, as the whole audience are involved, and a pendulum is used to choose the volunteer. It brings drama and emotion to an effect that can be rather clinical. Possibly the most useful effect for me will be Read My Mind! It's a charming way of demonstrating your powers to anyone who challenges you to read their mind. I haven't read the effects by the other contributors yet, but with offerings from Neal Scryer, Jerome Finley, Peter Turner, Pablo Amira, Richard Tenace, David Thiel, Todd Landman, Dale Hildebrandt, and Bill Cushman, I know the time trapped in my airplane seat will pass quickly. Thank you, Luca, for producing another excellent book on emotional mentalism.

Richard
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3049 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Wow Thanks a lot Richard I look forward to hear more from you once you have finished all the book!
I am sure that other reviews are coming as the first 10 deluxe edtion have been shipped yesterday...so...who have the number 1? Smile
Thanks again to all of you for the incredible support and soon the book will be out to your favorite dealer and on my page on lulu.
This will be a softcover edition that will match the first volume.
dsacks
View Profile
Special user
605 Posts

Profile of dsacks
Smile
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3049 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
David, your book should be there soon...
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1106 Posts

Profile of caigy
Looking forward to my copy!

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com www.MagicSiteUK.com
dsacks
View Profile
Special user
605 Posts

Profile of dsacks
Luca, patiently awaitind ;-)
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I did two routines from 'Emotional Mentalism 2' today and it went over like block busters.

I was reading a women's palm and someone asked if I was psychic. I answered that I believed that I do have a gift and the old phase came out, "What am I thinking".
I already know what to say and do from experience but thought that I would try Luca's 'Read My Mind' from his book. Wow, it went over really well and shut the guy up and made him open to what I was about to do.

I then moved into Luca's 'ENERGY WAVE'. I pulled out (NO NOT THAT! ) my mojo bag and showed some crystals. I added the old bit about making the arm strong and weak through the power of the crystal. Then I did Energy Wave. It played so well that a crowd was gathering!

I was on a roll, so I thought why not, let me test drive something else from the book. So with people standing in a circle around me and another women, I did Peter Turner's routine from the book. I changed the story line to make it a little sad. It ended with the women giving me a hug because of it!

All this just because I had some crystals and a watch on me. Talk about GUERRILLA Mentalism!

I was flying by the seat of my pants doing these routines because this was the very first time that I did them! I don't normally do things on the spur of the moment, but I really had a great time. It was really fun playing around with these routines.

Best
Ray
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3049 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
HI Ray, thanks for trying the routines!! I am happy you did great!

Now...let me give you some updates:
DELUXE EDITION, we sold already 14 copies and we have only 16 left with the crystal pendulum included.
Then we will have 80 copies left and as the first volume, once the deluxe edition will be gone, will be forever.
Price 125$ included shipping.

Now, also the softcover edition is available for purchase, to your favorite dealer, or on my page on lulu here: http://www.lulu.com/shop/luca-volpe/emot......153.html

Thanks!
Luca
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3049 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Just got a great review from Vincent Pimparè from France!

Luca! I received your book yesterday! I'm now reading the contributions. I love your material; stones and pendulums have been in my favorite 'esoteric' repertoire since my teenage so I really enjoyed your effects! I must say the white doors really is a fascinating piece. I'd recommend the book for this effect alone; it is an audacious poor's man prediction chest! There's a lot of other bits I loved and I'll need to give it a second read to note what is on my mind while reading it.

You've done a good job at giving your effects effective, uplifting and moving scripts. It gives an experience guideline to scripting for beginners and provides solid ready-to-use scripts for anyone who wants to learn and do your fresh material right away. Its a rare thing to provide the effect, the method and the script in mentalism but you've done it!
MrPimparé
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of MrPimparé
Hi Gentlemen!

I was able to find out my login info for the café! As Luca just mentioned above I really enjoyed Emotional Mentalism.

First I believe it is important to mention the little gems in this books are ADVANCED mentalism. The deep impact the routines have on the audience can only be carried on by true showmen with exceptional presentation skills. You could always do a 'light' version of the effects but why settle for the easy way when you can be proud of yourself by pulling full effect on your audience. These routines will take time to master. Luca included the scripts so you don't have to put all your efforts on scripting. You might want to edit at some places to fit your entertainment style and venue; for the psychic entertainer he has done an incredible job at putting the perfect script for each effect.

As I wrote before 'stones and pendulums have been in my favorite 'esoteric' repertoire since my teenage so I really enjoyed these effects'. Luca exploits really well the pendulum and crystals in his book. It feels organic to hold crystals and pendulum; it talks directly to the audience imagination. I was told there is more crystals and psychic parties effect in EM1; after reading EM2 I am thinking about getting EM1.

In Luca, I see a lot of myself. When I read Matching Dream it felt as I could have thought of that routine myself at any moment: the principles used are very familiar to me and I LOVE those kind of bold routines. Well as you know by now this routine has you identify the name of a person with their dream. You could identify just the dream or just the name, but with Luca you get both and the finale will leave any audience wondering how is that even possible. To fit my needs, I will adapt this routine for nightmares. Smile

Now for The White Doors: this routine is a must. It should be inserted in Annemann's practical mental effects. If work stand-upstage, the apparatus describes will allow you to do a 'confabulation' routine or a prediction chest routine for cheap bucks. This effect alone is worth the price of the book. It got me thinking a lot and I am very excited to try it soon.

I read the contributions as well, and you'll love it as much as I do.

Now 125$ is an expensive price for a book, everyone can agree on this; but remember: there's only a limited number of copies available, the books are hardcover and this book is ADVANCED mentalism routines with scripts! The price can only keep the curious away while you invest on solid material. Also, this book is a part of Luca Volpe's soul. I believe this alone is worth the price. It also came with a magnificent black and white crystal pendulum and a signed slip of paper for numbering the book 11100. The free shipping from U.K. to Montreal in Canada took less than a week. Luca was very happy and confident about sharing his work, for me it was the only quality sign I needed to buy the book.

I highly recommend it!

Vincent Pimparé
MrPimparé
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of MrPimparé
Hi Gentlemen!

I was able to find out my login info for the café! As Luca just mentioned above I really enjoyed Emotional Mentalism.

First I believe it is important to mention the little gems in this books are ADVANCED mentalism. The deep impact the routines have on the audience can only be carried on by true showmen with exceptional presentation skills. You could always do a 'light' version of the effects but why settle for the easy way when you can be proud of yourself by pulling full effect on your audience. These routines will take time to master. Luca included the scripts so you don't have to put all your efforts on scripting. You might want to edit at some places to fit your entertainment style and venue; for the psychic entertainer he has done an incredible job at putting the perfect script for each effect.

As I wrote before 'stones and pendulums have been in my favorite 'esoteric' repertoire since my teenage so I really enjoyed these effects'. Luca exploits really well the pendulum and crystals in his book. It feels organic to hold crystals and pendulum; it talks directly to the audience imagination. I was told there is more crystals and psychic parties effect in EM1; after reading EM2 I am thinking about getting EM1.

In Luca, I see a lot of myself. When I read Matching Dream it felt as I could have thought of that routine myself at any moment: the principles used are very familiar to me and I LOVE those kind of bold routines. Well as you know by now this routine has you identify the name of a person with their dream. You could identify just the dream or just the name, but with Luca you get both and the finale will leave any audience wondering how is that even possible. To fit my needs, I will adapt this routine for nightmares. Smile

Now for The White Doors: this routine is a must. It should be inserted in Annemann's practical mental effects. If work stand-upstage, the apparatus describes will allow you to do a 'confabulation' routine or a prediction chest routine for cheap bucks. This effect alone is worth the price of the book. It got me thinking a lot and I am very excited to try it soon.

I read the contributions as well, and you'll love it as much as I do.

Now 125$ is an expensive price for a book, everyone can agree on this; but remember: there's only a limited number of copies available, the books are hardcover and this book is ADVANCED mentalism routines with scripts! The price can only keep the curious away while you invest on solid material. Also, this book is a part of Luca Volpe's soul. I believe this alone is worth the price. It also came with a magnificent black and white crystal pendulum and a signed slip of paper for numbering the book 11100. The free shipping from U.K. to Montreal in Canada took less than a week. Luca was very happy and confident about sharing his work, for me it was the only quality sign I needed to buy the book.

I highly recommend it!

Vincent Pimparé
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3751 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
It's a real pleasure coming back and really studying a book like EM2. The first time I read through it, I was rushed-but-delighted with the routines. This time I took my time and read through them all -- and it was like sipping a good wine. There's genuine brilliance in these pages...ideas that will play for audiences in the real world. Luca has a way of connecting his routines and his audiences instantly that is charming and effective at the same time.

And the list of other contributors: Neal Scryer, Banachek, Richard Osterlind, Bob Cassidy, Richard Webster, Pete Turner, Pablo Amira, Todd Landman sync so many more brings a powerful new dimension to an already stellar work.

Can you hear me applauding, Luca?

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3049 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Wow...Vincent and David...Iam so happy about your comment, is always great to hear things like that, expecially after a Veeery long journey for finishing this book!
I am really proud of it Smile

@David...yes I heard your applause!
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3049 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
No 20% discount with the code PUMPKINS
get at special price all my works here
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/lucavolpe

;)
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1106 Posts

Profile of caigy
I received my copy last Friday and it has been my travelling companion every day since Smile
Normally I speed-read a book, then flick back and forth to the segments which have grabbed my interest but with this I am hanging on every word and am still only about a 1/4 of the way through it!!
Time permitting, I intend to complete reading Emotional Mentalism v2 over the weekend and will post my views shortly... a bit of a heads-up tho... so far it is molto, molto, buono!

Paul Mc.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3049 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Thank you Paul! look forward to hear your thought about!
The books has been shipped already all around the world, but we still have copies left of the deluxe edition and ONLY 10 left with the free pendulum. I made a video that will answer to some of your questions guys... and this is a picture with the volume one (deluxe edition, only 3 copies left!!) and some volume two ready to be shipped!

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdqMBkgZBqc

caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1106 Posts

Profile of caigy
Wow! Mr. Volpe has done it again...! You only need to take a look at the calibre of those who have provided the foreword and additional contributions, to realise you are in possession of a real treasure trove of Mentalism.
Volume 1 was voted the Magic Café 'Official 2012 Book of Year', so keep your eyes peeled for volume 2 when Vlad_77 fires the starting pistol to launch the 2013 poll!
Although I have come to know Luca over the last 18 months or so, and feel privelaged to be able to call him a friend, my opinion of his latest release is totally unbiased.
As with Emotional Mentalism volume 1, the routines in this publication are ALL proven 100% workers. Whereas the first volume was mainly Psychic Party orientated, volume 2 is suitable for numerous performance styles and arenas.
I love the way Luca has formatted each routine as, Effect, Method, Handling, Script and Final Considerations, covering every nuance in minute detail.
Having seen him perform, I can vouch for the fact that what Luca publishes is exactly the same material which he has honed to perfection over 1000's of live performances, with none of the watered-down, unviable, scrag-end, which a lot of artists seem to be churning out in print these days!
My personal favourites of Luca's eleven routines are, 'Psy ACAAN' and 'The White Doors' and of the nine contributors, 'The Emotional Pendulum' by David Thiel and 'Phronesis' by Todd Landman. By the way, I saw Todd perform this effect this evening...and as with the rest of Todd's show, it is an awesome, well scripted bit of business, which held the attention of the audience, baffled, educated and entertained, all at the same time.
Obviously you will want to put your own stamp on the excellent material found within the pages of this book but rest assured, Luca and the other top-notch contributors, have covered all bases and produced probably the best investment you could make this year!

Paul Mc.

DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
I finished reading this yesterday and did not have prior sight of the book when I wrote my own contribution.

There are some really powerful routines in here and some diabolical methods using wonderful concepts from the history of the craft. Luca's experience shines through as he breaks down each effect, explains the method and then provides a detailed script, which is vitally important in creating the impact. Theses are road tested on small and large audiences so you know that they will work. In particular, my favourites are PSYCANN, Unlock Your Dreams and The White Doors.

Thank you Paul for your kind words about Phronesis,which has really come to life with the perfect box from Mooreni Magic.

If you want real workable material, I can highly recommend this book.

Best

Todd
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3049 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Paul and Todd, thanks a lot for your kind words! I really think that this book is my best work to date Smile I already have people performing some of the routines and the feedback is enormous! Thanks all of you guys for allt he support!
Luca
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3049 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
GUYS!!!
FOR ONE WEEK ONLY (the offer ends the 17th of November)
You can have the two books of “EMOTIONAL MENTALISM” saving 50% off!!!
On each book you will get 25% so if you buy the first and second volume of “EMOTIONAL MENTALISM” you are going to save the 50%!!

You can purchase at special discount “Emotional Mentalism Volume One” Here:
http://www.lulu.com/shop/luca-volpe/emot......960.html

You can purchase at special discount “Emotional Mentalism Volume Two” Here:
http://www.lulu.com/shop/luca-volpe/emot......153.html

Thanks for watching Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Emotional Mentalism 2 from Luca Volpe (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL