The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » MINDvention » » 2014 MINDvention dates? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Denver
636 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Running into a snag for 2014 dates...
in November all they had were November 24-26, 2014 (right before Thanksgiving)

for October 12-14th or 26-28th

let me know what you think?
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1007 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Definitely not those Nov dates. The October ones are much better as travel should be easier and less expensive. Are the Oct 12-14 dates affected by Columbus Day?
John
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3563 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Please, October--- better dates, less busy over here plus far better weather over there Smile Besides that I have to attend a funeral November 25th, 2014...
Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
ablanathanalba
View Profile
Loyal user
Can't really boast with only
255 Posts

Profile of ablanathanalba
I think October is better too. Columbus Day is Monday, October 14. I know a lot of people don't get it off, but since those people would have to take a Monday off if you did October 26-28th anyway, the 12-14th dates might help for those who already get a three-day weekend. I'm planning to come for the first time no matter what dates you choose.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5585 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
I vote for Nov.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2525 Posts

Profile of brehaut
October!
ablanathanalba
View Profile
Loyal user
Can't really boast with only
255 Posts

Profile of ablanathanalba
My mistake, Columbus Day 2014 is October 13. The 12-14 option would be Sunday through Tuesday, then?
Hans-Christian Lykke
View Profile
New user
Denmark
1 Post

Profile of Hans-Christian Lykke
Dixi & Trixi (Denmark) prefers October dates.
MT
View Profile
Elite user
448 Posts

Profile of MT
Some people go for the McBride classes after mindvention (like this year). If you do it in nov I doubt there will be a class after that since its thanksgiving. Maybe changing hotels and getting a more ideal week? Nov is usually a slower month for performers than oct so nov is preferred.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3563 Posts

Profile of JanForster
It is not slower over here, in contrary October is slower than November. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
christophe
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of christophe
I agree with jan, in Europe, november is a busy month, if danny doesn't want to have any europeean performer in MV, so november is the perfect month...
Darby
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
223 Posts

Profile of Darby
Quote:
On 2013-10-13 11:46, MT wrote:
Some people go for the McBride classes after mindvention (like this year). If you do it in nov I doubt there will be a class after that since its thanksgiving. Maybe changing hotels and getting a more ideal week? Nov is usually a slower month for performers than oct so nov is preferred.

While I'm not in a position to speak for the McBride group, I think it is possible for them to have the class just prior to MV.

They do have their big Magic and Meaning Conference on October 15-18, 2014. I don't know if they would be willing to have their class prior to a Oct 12-14 MV as that's when the final preparation for Magic and Meaning take place.

The Oct 26-28 is just prior to Halloween, but may work for most people.

- Larry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » MINDvention » » 2014 MINDvention dates? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL