The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Docc Hilford's The Syndrome Deck (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Dreda
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Dreda
"I found my idea was not new in just a few months, why can't others do the same?"

Because some magicians and mentalists are true scammers who want easy money (without looking for previous releases) and they like to become famous with effects / principles of others people. When a secret is known to a few, they like to popularized it to sell it to anyone.
adiabaticman
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
144 Posts

Profile of adiabaticman
I agree that is true in some cases. But many times creators may get too excited about a new idea and may rush things even though their intention may not be to scam anyone. I hope repeated discussion of this topic frequently reminds such people to be cautious.
Watching those electrons dance on the adiabat, from Franck-Condon to the Asymptote.
pacozaa
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of pacozaa
How Syndrome Deck compare to Richard Osterline's product?

Syndrome Deck
http://www.ientertainer.net/store/docc-h......doccinar

Richard Osterline's product
http://osterlindmysteries.com/store/inde......s_id=108
robinr
View Profile
Loyal user
Greater Los Angeles area
226 Posts

Profile of robinr
I enjoyed the Syndrome deck immensely and posted on this thread praising both it and Titanic's deck in 2014. Using the general principle, I developed a variety of stacks which fit me even better. It's such a versatile idea.

Only recently I decided to apply it to tarot cards. Some time back, I bought a number of specialized tarot decks (both full deck and major arcana only) in playing card size. The artist creates gorgeous decks drawing on original versions incorporating ancient tarot patterns. You can also choose any of a variety of beautiful backs. I chose one with "magicrobin" showing on the bottom left side. Here's a link for the deck of the ***, which is the one I'm going to refer to below. I made up two other versions, but this one I prefer:

https://www.tarotbyseven.com/product-pag......rot-deck

I used the Syndrome/Titanic principle to convert it into a deck (major arcana only) where the deck could be spread and shuffled, then have a card chosen. And I would know the card chosen. Though there are, of course, many possibilities, I preferred one where only the cards from 0-The Fool, through X-The Wheel of Fortune" could be chosen. If any of you actually read this and want to do something similar, just pm me and we can discuss it further. With this few cards, I find I don't bother riffle shuffling them, but they overhand shuffle fine and almost always stay in order. Right now, I'm fascinated with this deck since they're still normal tarot cards ready for a normal reading.

I still use a Syndrome deck with normal playing cards as well, though not always. If any are interested in the stacks I use, again pm me. In either case, write something that shows you've actually bought either a Syndrome or Titanic deck.
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Titanas writes on how to use alternative stacks with his version. I was thinking of roughing up the cards with Syndrome for easier more secure overhand shuffling.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Wait, so this is the same as the Rama deck, too?
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
adiabaticman
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
144 Posts

Profile of adiabaticman
Yes. I think it is also same as another recent release called Rompossible.
Watching those electrons dance on the adiabat, from Franck-Condon to the Asymptote.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Docc Hilford's The Syndrome Deck (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL