The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Billet Resources Wanted (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mike Spremulli
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Mike Spremulli
I realize that there is current thread on billets running, my query is a bit different. Aside for the great standards such as Corinda and Annemann, I am curious to know of your favorite resources for billet techniques/routines.

Relating to what one person mentioned in the related thread, I have resisted billet work thus far and feel like I am “missing out”. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mike Spremulli
Smile
John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
Bob Cassidy has some of the best work with 'billets' I've ever seen. Check out his CD, books, and anything else he has available. You won't be sorry.

Best thoughts,
John Smetana Smile
Bambaladam
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Bambaladam
CL Boarde's Mainly Mental 1 is the bible of billets. It is pretty complete. Get it.

/bamba
ravi
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
413 Posts

Profile of ravi
Gary Kurtz published some great routines too.
I N D R I D C O L E

DEAD AnD GONE
Mr Amazing
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazing
[deleted]
mysticz
View Profile
Special user
D.C. metro area
680 Posts

Profile of mysticz
Some time ago, Richard Osterlind wrote a booklet outlining his "Completely Surrounded" center tear technique. This manuscript clearly presents his methodology for a fine center tear as well as his billet switch that is one of the best. The booklet is difficult to find but definitely worth the search.
Joe Zabel
"Psychic Sorcery"

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

-- Shakespeare's Hamlet I.v. 174-175
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
The best work is "The Purloined Thought" By Al Mann which covers the Osterlind work in great detail in addition to more methods than one will ever use in a lifetime although one could spend a lifetime trying to find a copy of the book too.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
GothicBen
View Profile
Veteran user
England
353 Posts

Profile of GothicBen
Check out Richard Busch's "Peek Performances" for some interesting billet / centre tear work.
A l a i n B e ll o n
View Profile
Veteran user
302 Posts

Profile of A l a i n B e ll o n
I recommend again material by Bob Cassidy and Kurtz.

I have some interesting work on billets but won't say more until I am ready to publish.

-Alain Bellon
Allen Gittelson
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco
145 Posts

Profile of Allen Gittelson
I agree with the references mentioned above.

One thing that I will contribute as a source of information on billets is that there is an incredible amount of information available on card magic and some of this can be applied to billets. I'm certainly not suggesting anything like an "Ambitious Billet" routine. ;>) However, I have created some very effective billet work with subtle ideas that were applied from information on card magic. It's not "moves" really, or things that look magical, since we are talking about billets, just subtle card ideas that work well with billets. Business cards and some other billets are extremely similar to cards in many ways.

I also have a few billet works that I will not comment upon more until I am ready to publish.

In thoughts,
Allen
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2002-05-29 12:51, Allen Gittelson wrote:

... I'm certainly not suggesting anything like an "Ambitious Billet" routine. ;>)

I guess you won't like my three billet monte routine called "Find the Dead Guy." I think I will give John Edward an exclusive on this so he can jazz up his act a little.

Best-
Bob Cassidy
Allen Gittelson
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco
145 Posts

Profile of Allen Gittelson
Bob,

I've seen your very nice "billet to pocket", "billet to mentalist's hand", and "billet to other envelope" routines, but I think that you used different names. Perhaps it was "billets across?" ;>)

I'll refrain from taking things any further, like say...."torn center to balloon" or "torn and restored billet."

In thoughts and sometimes a nice smile,

Allen
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
Funny guys! "Find the dead guy"...great!!!

Jonathan Grant
Mike Spremulli
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Mike Spremulli
Thank you all for your suggestions. I'll be getting my shopping list together. I appreciate the feedback.

Regards,

Mike Spremulli
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Quentin
Mike O'Brien's three billet routine is published in Andy Nyman's lecture notes.

Fogel's billaet routine was published in the New Pentagram and republished by Supreme in Million Dollar Pieces of Card available from Magic Books by Post in England
jecar
View Profile
Veteran user
358 Posts

Profile of jecar
Using a 'Sanada Gimmick' you can pick up a billet with one hand and transfer it to the other one, thus switching the billets and both hands are shown to be empty in the process. Try it in front of a mirror and you'll fool yourself.

Jerry
leondo
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
759 Posts

Profile of leondo
[quote]On 2002-05-30 13:51, jecar wrote:
Using a 'Sanada Gimmick' you can pick up a billet with one hand and transfer it to the other one, thus switching the billets and both hands are shown to be empty in the process. Try it in front of a mirror and you'll fool yourself.

Jerry,
Please clarify this for me.
<SNIP>
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
Now, you switch the billet from one spectator's hand to the other spectator's hand? Or do you have to switch it from your hand to your hand?

Jonathan Grant
Darmoe
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
741 Posts

Profile of Darmoe
It would be great to create a complete compendium of nothing but Billet & CT type handling... The Al Mann materials were mentioned, which do include some of Millard Longman's thinking... not that I'm to type to blow my own horn, but according to a few that have read some of my work, I guess I have some clever thoughts regarding the psychology of doing billet work... Smile go figure...

Docc Hilford puts out one of the coolest bits I've found... I think it sells for about $50.00 and is known as Richie Technique (I think that's right... my mind is not working well today...)It's very cool and amazingly effective.
"I firmly believe that of all the Arts and Crafts of Mentalism, there is nothing more satisfying than one who is a first-class Reader. It is the ultimate in Mentalism..." - Tony Corinda * 13 Steps To Mentalism
John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
Quote:
On 2002-06-18 16:50, Darmoe wrote:

Docc Hilford puts out one of the coolest bits I've found... I think it sells for about $50.00 and is known as Richie Technique (I think that's right... my mind is not working well today...)It's very cool and amazingly effective.

I'd recommend that everyone read the ad for this one..terrific story. You'll tear a hole in your pocket trying to get the money out fast enough.

Best thoughts,
John Smetana Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Billet Resources Wanted (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL