The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » The best magic trick you've ever seen. (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Fazzio
View Profile
New user
brazil
12 Posts

Profile of Fazzio
Tom Mullica doing his cigarette act. I saw this last year, live. The guy was a genius.
Jesseb
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Jesseb
Shadows. No question. Beautiful magical narrative, sweet, succinct, slightly dark and super powerful.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3617 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Paul Daniel's chop cup. Definitely!

That and that guy who did the cups and balls routine with clear glass cups. Wow!

KJ
Sardonicus
View Profile
New user
The Left Coast, USA
50 Posts

Profile of Sardonicus
Do you mean Penn & Teller with the clear cups? Or has that been done by someone else as well?
"Books break the shackles of time. A book is proof that humans are capable of working magic." Carl Sagan, Cosmos
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3617 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
No, it was a young guy. I don't recall his name. I think he performed for one of the late night shows.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3617 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I found it. It was Jason Latimer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJN1iMOfgAc

KJ
Sardonicus
View Profile
New user
The Left Coast, USA
50 Posts

Profile of Sardonicus
Thank you for that. As for the topic of the thread, I have to go with Teller's Red Ball. I think it's a beautiful routine, and touches on pretty much everything I like about magic.
"Books break the shackles of time. A book is proof that humans are capable of working magic." Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
The first time I ever witnessed Card Warp. It boggles my mind that the occasional spectator doesn't grasp what the effect is.

I know I'm not alone on that.
There is a road - no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night. And if you go, no one may follow; that path is for your steps alone.
GMcollect
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of GMcollect
Tommy Wonder's cups and balls. He was lecturing in NY at the Waldorf. I missed the loads every time even though he was teaching how to do it. His timing and "direction" was impeccable!
GMcollect
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of GMcollect
Paul Gertner's "That's Incredible". A beautiful multiplying coin matrix routine with a double kicker ending.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2013, gypsyfish wrote:
Paul Daniels' Chop Cup

and

I saw Doug Henning live cut a rope that stretched across the stage, then he tied it, took it in his hand, ran across the stage, sliding the knot on the rope and then untied it.

Amazing!

Yes! "THE" rope trick was delightful! Like Harry's Light Bulb, even when one knows the "what", the "how" makes it an absolute masterpiece! PRESENTATION! As my mentors said, so many years ago, "It aint WHAT ya do, it's HOW ya do it!"
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2014, Todd Robbins wrote:
Girl to Gorilla.

Yeah Todd! I managed the late Tim Deremer's "Ape Show" for most of a season, back in '85. Tim had framed it "right". The tip would run, screaming, at the blow off! --See ya down the road....
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
w i l s o
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of w i l s o
Denis Behr and his friend Herbert the rubber band making card locations come to life. You actually begin to believe that Herbert is real. So strong
Bernice
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Bernice
A close-up headline prediction using hot read information got me into researching mentalism techniques. Though I knew the performer (a friend) was an amateur magician, I could not put the two together till months later. The presentation he ran with also added to the profound impact it had on me. I've been chasing that effect ever since.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » The best magic trick you've ever seen. (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL